Need Help setting up my bedroom studio !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Ok, heres the deal, i have a Microkorg XL, an Audio 6 interface , Vestax Vci 300 , Pair of Rokit 8 and the microphone integrated on the Microkorg.. I've been trying all day to set up my studio but it doesn't seem to work.. bough a bunch of cables but still .. got 4 trs cables and 2 instrument cables .. any suggestions ?

Tech Guru

What doesn't seem to work?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Well what i'm trying to do for a starter is to connect the rokit 8, the interface and my Vestax vci 300 midi controller all together .. what i've been trying to do is i connected the monitors to the interface and then connected the controller to the interface .. i seem to be getting signal because the green button turns onn and off with the beats but i dont get any audio .. also i got a cd with the interface i install it and no software shows up ? is that normal ? i dont really know :P

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    Well what i'm trying to do for a starter is to connect the rokit 8, the interface and my Vestax vci 300 midi controller all together .. what i've been trying to do is i connected the monitors to the interface and then connected the controller to the interface .. i seem to be getting signal because the green button turns onn and off with the beats but i dont get any audio .. also i got a cd with the interface i install it and no software shows up ? is that normal ? i dont really know :P
    Please enlighten us ...

A CD of what exactly - what software are you going to use ? ... what Computer System are you planning on using it on (windows / mac etc ... does it even meet minimum specs?) you are better of downloading the latest software from each manufacturer after reading the manuals.

Why on earth are you connecting the controller which already has a sound card to an audio interface :-S - this makes zero sense.

You do realize that manuals and support are available on each of the respective manufactures websites.

Honestly it sounds like you are trying to compete with Usain Bolt before you can crawl (never mind walk) - start with ONE controller and ONE piece of software and go from there (read point above).

IMHO start with getting sound out of the VCI300 - it'll be the most straight forward.

RTFM
    no but seriously, this is one of the most confused threads i've seen in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

KOMPLETE_AUDIO_6_web_setups-01.jpg for reference

maybe you should check your preference in the software. even if you connect all your stuff correctly, if your audio output is not optimized correctly, you would not get any sound.

for clarification to us who are trying to help. what software are you using? ableton? traktor? cubase? etc.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Wizard

arsman is there anyway i can plug in my controller to the setup ?

Tech Wizard

i am using a mac.. i am sorry for the noobness :P haha

Tech Guru

If you are using Serato, connect the VCI to your KA6 using TRS cables and use the Direct Monitoring feature.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...TE+AUDIO+6+%3F

Otherwise, just use the KA6 as your sound card for your software output.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12