Mapping FX bank buttons on X1 Mk2 to Ableton instead of Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping FX bank buttons on X1 Mk2 to Ableton instead of Traktor

Hi DJTT,

I'm trying to map the knobs and buttons of the one of the Fx banks on X1 Mk2 to an Audio Effect Rack in Ableton. I don't want to lose the other functions of the controller in Traktor though. I'd still like to control all of the other Traktor functions with the rest of the controller, but just have that one effects bank of buttons controller and Audio Effect Rack in Ableton. I've tried the controller manager and I can map the buttons to Ableton, but I am not able to get the rest of the Traktor functions to work. I looked at Bome but I can't figure out. I'm a bit of noob with some of this stuff. If someone has a Bome project for the X1 Mk2 I could look at maybe that would get me started.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Ableton can't listen to the X1's native (HID) layer so you'll need to map it in MIDI mode and switch to that when you want to control Ableton.

Tech Convert

I totally get it now. Thanks, I had feeling it would be that simple.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I stand corrected. This might come handy and do just that without having to switch between layers.

Tech Convert

I saw that yesterday. I'm thinking, really??? the next day this comes out???