New iTunes released today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New iTunes released today

So far, liking the new look, but especially liking how much more responsive it is on Windows. It added albums almost as fast as Foobar and Traktor, and editing tags is also very quick!

I especially like the new bar across the top that shows recent album additions. That feature alone is going to save me a ton of time!

I'm going to keep digging, but I'm really liking what I see so far!
    Last edited by Glitchwerks; 10-21-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    So far, liking the new look, but especially liking how much more responsive it is on Windows. It added albums almost as fast as Foobar and Traktor, and editing tags is also very quick!

I especially like the new bar across the top that shows recent album additions. That feature alone is going to say me a ton of time!

I'm going to keep digging, but I'm really liking what I see so far!
    Yep, its a great update. Runs super smooth and fast.

I cant stand all the white space though. Its far too bright when switching between itunes and traktor in a dark dj booth.

holy shits batman, search actually works in this release
    took me a minute to work out where the playlists disappeared to.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    holy shits batman, search actually works in this release
    took me a minute to work out where the playlists disappeared to.
    search has always worked if your metadata is correct. Its just been a lot less snappier than it is now.

in my case "less snappier" was an understatement. also, i'm glad itunes doesn't decide to magically start up by itself after shutting down like it used to
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    in my case "less snappier" was an understatement. also, i'm glad itunes doesn't decide to magically start up by itself after shutting down like it used to
    Have never seen that problem, and Ive been using Itunes since V7.

The snappyness was a direct function of how clean your metadata was, but even then it wasnt anywhere near 'snappy'

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Yep, its a great update. Runs super smooth and fast.

I cant stand all the white space though. Its far too bright when switching between itunes and traktor in a dark dj booth.
    For a brief time, iTunes had a black background. Then they changed it to white, but people complained, so they updated it with an option to change it to black or white.

That option has been gone for a long time now, and I guess they will never be bringing it back, but I agree...iTunes is too white.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    For a brief time, iTunes had a black background. Then they changed it to white, but people complained, so they updated it with an option to change it to black or white.

That option has been gone for a long time now, and I guess they will never be bringing it back, but I agree...iTunes is too white.
    Try switching between Traktor and Itunes 12.

Itunes is like staring into the sun after looking at Traktor for a while. Flux helps a bit.

Tech Mentor

it came out on friday with the release of OSX Yosemite

New iTunes you say? "Snappier", is it?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast