One of the best mixers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default One of the best mixers?

I'm really sorry if this thread has been posted before, but i'm new to the community so i must of not of seen it.

Okay so i'm looking for the best mixer to put 2 1200's on it, since my dream setup

2 1210s
    "insert good mixer here"
    X1
    Mashine - or a midifighter. just to jump around on tracks

I'm looking for a good mixer at a good price, i don't know if it should be 2 decks or 4 ... i read a thread saying something mashine only works with 4 decks on traktor i don't know though.
    If i should get like a Xone:92 - for the long run is that suppose to be the right idea or since i'm a begginer and get one of your reccomended mixers? And which overall is the best one per dollar amount
    Example : a 500$ mixer that can do whatever a DJM-909 can.

So to boil his question down: I don't want to do any research myself, spoon feed me answers plz.

Black and decker make a really good tri-speed, stainless steel mixer the B325-D. Its heavy, but its internally grounded, and features an acrylic/poly top housing, and brushed stainless bottom. I've got one, and I know a few other guys here swear by it.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Black and decker make a really good tri-speed, stainless steel mixer the B325-D. Its heavy, but its internally grounded, and features an acrylic/poly top housing, and brushed stainless bottom. I've got one, and I know a few other guys here swear by it.
    agreed

Just go for the Xone:92 or something similarly awesome and you'll only thank yourself in the long run.

I've heard good things about >>this<<
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Pioneer DJM-2000 from the back of a white van. that should be about $500.

i do not condone the purchase of grey market goods.

That made me laugh pretty hard.
    And thanks to everyone for the input so theres many options to go for ugh. :/

Honestly there are a ton of options, and depends on what you have for a budget and what you want for features. And some people prefer certain companies over others.

There's no simple answer.

Personally? I'd go down to the clubs you frequent and see what they have installed. And get that. Because if you want to be playing out, it'd be nice to be familiar with the gear you'd be using rather than an awesome item that you'll never get to use out. But that's my own opinion.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I'm not really sure what you're looking for cost or use wise, but if I had to name the tops.

DJM-2000- Best DJ mixer. Awesome effects unit, work on the fly layout, and really fun mixing tools/Ableton integration. Not great for studio work though, somewhat simple, soundcards a bit limited, and it doesn't have a silent noise floor like studiophiles love.

Xone DB4/2- Best Audio Mixer. Great sounding and adaptable effects, universal soundcard, and very adaptable and shapable. Commits numerous crimes against DJing, will frustrate the Hell out of anyone walking up to it, and isn't really usable "on the fly."

Rane 56/7- Best scratch mixers. Will take punches no problem, faders are indestructible, enough said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast