Wireworld Ulraviolet vs. DJTT USB Cables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wireworld Ulraviolet vs. DJTT USB Cables

'What HiFi' magazine have voted the Wireworld Ultraviolet USB (A to B) cable as one of their products of the year. Upgrading USB cables for me is a no brainer (X1 and Audio2 to USB3.0 on Asus NJ61 - currently using Monster HP rated at 1200mBps). WW Uv's come at a cost - no make that a SERIOUS cost compared to the DJTT options. Are they worth it?
    (PS - they ARE a lot sexier than DJTT option)

Absolute garbage. USB sends digital data so the idea that this ridiculously overpriced cable can result in better clarity in 'certain parts' of the audio spectrum defies logic - either the data packets get through or they don't.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 01-02-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Absolute garbage. USB sends digital data so the idea that this ridiculously overpriced cable can result in better clarity in 'certain parts' of the audio spectrum defies logic - either the data packets get through or they don't.
    true story. although there are different speeds when you get to HDMI. overpriced monster cables dont give you any more of a better picture than the 25 dollar counter part.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

It should be noted that despite my slightly hysterical response, there are audiophiles out there who think differently, although it seems a controversial topic.

Of course, they'd be disgusted by an audio2 and lossy compression.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    true story. although there are different speeds when you get to HDMI. overpriced monster cables dont give you any more of a better picture than the 25 dollar counter part.
    check this out:

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/all-h...-the-same.html
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

It should be noted that despite my slightly hysterical response, there are audiophiles out there who think differently, although it seems a controversial topic.

Nothing wrong with controlled hysteria LP. As an (EX) audiophile snob that has defected I come with baggage. Cables are a'phile wet dreams. Their sites make NO sense (read the WW Av reviews). I DID notice a better response with an M-Audio X-session Pro and Monster cable, but I think the supplied cable was made from a coat-hanger.

Excuse my ignorance, but will an Audio2 outputting WAV files have any compression - surely the source will determine that?

Give me my Asus/Traktor/Audio2 rig through tma-1's ANY DAY above my Rotel/Boston Accoustics/Monster Cable set-up.

Thank you.

Further to your slight hysteria LP - interesting to note no ferrite cores - as supplied by NI, and as suggested in your forum. Is that because a'philes live in bubbles while DJs live in the real world?
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    I DID notice a better response with an M-Audio X-session Pro and Monster cable, but I think the supplied cable was made from a coat-hanger.
    Coat hangers are better cables than Monster cables: http://consumerist.com/2008/03/do-co...er-cables.html

When I see Monster Cables, I see someone who's susceptible to the dumbest of marketing gimmicks…I usually try to sell them a rock that keeps bears away. I've actually made money on that before…no joke.

I mean…I'm pretty sure he got the Simpson's reference and was willing to pay $5 to keep the joke going, but I still got $5.

[QUOTE=mostapha;204019]Coat hangers are better cables than Monster cables: http://consumerist.com/2008/03/do-co...er-cables.html

When I see Monster Cables, I see someone who's susceptible to the dumbest of marketing gimmicks…I usually try to sell them a rock that keeps bears away. I've actually made money on that before…no joke.

Ooooooooppppsssssss - AND I paid in Rands and had to pay P&P
    Thanks.

I hate it when my mom goes out to buy anything electronic. She came back with a new TV and untold amounts of Monster Cable hookups. I cried a little and asked next time to be given the extra money spent on shitty monster cables...she didnt get it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast