AUDIO LATENCY in Traktor Pro???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default AUDIO LATENCY in Traktor Pro???

hello djtt-geeks.

since a while i'm playing in many clubs now.
    my setup is the vestax vci 100, TPro 1.2.4 and the Audio 2 DJ-Interfac from NI.
    now i'm wondering what the audio latency can do in the club or what does it do in fact?
    and how can i pump up the volume over my software/hardware.the level on the mixers where i'm playng and Traktor always are touching the red mark.

thanks for help!!!!!!!

anh le minh

Tech Convert

Ur playing in clubs and you DONT know what the fuck latency is ??? Are you serious. Tell that club to hire me. Shit.

But really, All latency is is how fast the data is transferred from ur controller into movements on the software.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mongala View Post
    Ur playing in clubs and you DONT know what the fuck latency is ??? Are you serious. Tell that club to hire me. Shit.

But really, All latency is is how fast the data is transferred from ur controller into movements on the software.
    Being a good DJ doesn't necessarily mean understanding the technology and the science of it all.

Tech Convert

thank you saidancer!

so what happens if the latency is high and what happens if it's low?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by buddhafly View Post
    thank you saidancer!

so what happens if the latency is high and what happens if it's low?

Latency is the delay in which the controller / timecode cd / vinyl reacts with your computer so having Low latency is faster

basically in your software setting the audio buffer to a low setting means faster reaction time

but it depends on your pc and audio interface as the lower you set the buffer the more prone to pops and audio glitches your set up will be

its all about finding a balance

fast computer + decent audio interface = low latency

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by saidancer View Post
    Being a good DJ doesn't necessarily mean understanding the technology and the science of it all.

well put hense why most djs still use cds

Tech Convert

and does it affects on the volume?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No latency does not affect volume.
    If latency is too high the time it takes for you to press play and the the track actually playing will be delayed.

If latency is too low for your machine you will experience pops and clicks during playback.

Lower your latency until you get popping sounds during playback and then up it until the pops go. You then have your latency set at the optimal level for YOUR setup. Dont listen to anyone else when it comes to latency. People will tell you they have it at 1ms, most of those people are liars.
    Some do achieve 1ms but for most its unrealistic. Get what you can get and settle for it or get a better setup. Anything around 5ms is fine .

Latency is an individual thing down to the laptop you have.

You should never have clipping when using Traktor NEVER.

You should put the Audio 2 volume up full and set Traktors Master at around 0:00db or a little above.

Leave yourself some mixing room on the upfaders so have them around 60%.

This will give you a good clean sound. You should then adjust the mixer to get the volume you need.

If you arent getting enough volume do not blast Traktor into oblivion cus it will just sound shit.

You should definitely read up on how to optimise your setup and get a good sound. No one need to be a rocket scientist but to be a pro DJ you should know your own kit and how to use it.

Start with the Traktor manual. Its all in there for basic knowledge dude.

K

Tech Convert

thanks alot!

greetings from germany!

-CLOSED-

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No worries.

Closed???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast