Protecting your gear in the club! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Take them to Peoples Court, and embarrass the shit out of them on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    JAC, good luck with the gig. Honestly, I do hope you can still confront the girl and wanker.

The "My dad's a sollicitor", is just short for "Please don't tell my daddy we've been bad."

Honest, if the sollicitor daddy would be called in, he would tell his son to shut up and his son's girlfriend to pay up.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

That would be so cool.

I am not that impressed by people shouting I know people, my daddy/best friend/whatever, who are a sollicitor.

My brother has also succesfully become a master in law, direct translation from dutch. So I know a little about it, when I should be impressed or not.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    That would be so cool.

I am not that impressed by people shouting I know people, my daddy/best friend/whatever, who are a sollicitor.

My brother has also succesfully become a master in law, direct translation from dutch. So I know a little about it, when I should be impressed or not.
    I hate those people too, hate them! But sometimes they are true, and they often get away with what they have done, because its a damn good lawyer, and he knows how to bend the laws!

Reminds me of a story in Sweden years ago... a guy says: My dad is a lawyer, and I know kung fu, so dont you do something stupid!

The other guy says; "So, I am a football goalie" Kicks him on his leg (Broken at three points) and continues, "And my dad is a judge"

All true!

LOLz awesome anecdote bro'!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I was like wtf is a solicitor...(wiki is a lifesaver!)

A "solicitor" is a term used in many Common law jurisdictions for a lawyer who offers legal services outside of the courts. Whereas a barrister advocates and acts in litigation, a solicitor acts as an advisor and representative, often preparing legal documents including contracts, patents,and wills. In the United States, it is also a title used by government attorneys in some government agencies.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    Haha yeah that's just plain thick, what do you think about rubbing alcohol/alcohol wipes though? My bro reckons it would get rid of any stickyness and prevent corrosion. Or is he wrong?:eek:
    No, he is not wrong. If the alcohol is pure enough it wont leave a conductive residue or corrode your joints. The alcohol should be at least 95% pure. I use Isopropyl alcohol a.k.a. Isopropanol to clean my circuit boards and it works very well. It's cheap, 99% pure and evaporates fast.

Quote Originally Posted by lassemy View Post
    No, he is not wrong. If the alcohol is pure enough it wont leave a conductive residue or corrode your joints. The alcohol should be at least 95% pure. I use Isopropyl alcohol a.k.a. Isopropanol to clean my circuit boards and it works very well. It's cheap, 99% pure and evaporates fast.
    Yeah I reckon once we've done this gig tonight I'll open the Xponent up and clean everything down and then leave it for a few days just to be sure. Already on the second one in 3 months after the master outs on the first one we had just blew for no reason whatsoever. Preeetty shitty!

Quote Originally Posted by lassemy View Post
    Yeah you pretty much covered it, however another solution is to to use contact cleaning solution(like what you might have used to use on cartridge games) which is much better suited for disolving grime and such a PCB.

Tech Convert

i try and keep the area around my gear loaded with a jacket, cds or whatever to discourage people from putting their drinks too close to the equipment. i also try and put things on a tilt so if anything get into the gear it drains down and out hopefully. i have also used a keyboard protector for years and it has done a great job with splashes. also, i ALWAYS keep a small bar towel arounds for emergencies or just the sweat.
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-28-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Just to say played last night for about 3 and a half hours without any problems so it looks like a lucky escape for now! Had another incident with an abusive 'dj' who was talking through his ass but it all worked out in the end. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast