Maschine and Keyboard question
    Tech Guru

Default Maschine and Keyboard question

Hey guys i'm looking at picking up a keyboard for Maschine so it'll be easier to play different notes. I've looked at midi keyboards online from companies like m-audio but would a cheap keyboard from walmart work? They're accept midi so is it as simple as plug and play? What would be the benefit of getting a more pro line keyboard to work with maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Hey guys i'm looking at picking up a keyboard for Maschine so it'll be easier to play different notes. I've looked at midi keyboards online from companies like m-audio but would a cheap keyboard from walmart work? They're accept midi so is it as simple as plug and play? What would be the benefit of getting a more pro line keyboard to work with maschine.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/10/2...-vs-akai-lpd8/

That Akai keyboard looks like a good bet.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

I have an Axiom 25 that I connect to my Maschine, but i can't get the expression or modulation to work via USB connection? Would this be fixed by changing to a MIDI cable?

Tech Guru

I'm not looking to go to a pro model unless I have to, I'm just curious if a basic no name midi keyboard will work with Maschine i.e. play samples in the different keys.

Tech Mentor

the maudio keystation 49 is nice. big, and you can snag one for like 70 bucks. it has usb and midi out.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rallevondalle View Post
    I have an Axiom 25 that I connect to my Maschine, but i can't get the expression or modulation to work via USB connection? Would this be fixed by changing to a MIDI cable?

maschine software is not capable of pitch bend or modulation, that should change in the next update though.