Mixing Music for a school Dance.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ya it was kind of sloppy, but the whole point of it was that it works live because the people I played it for knew the first song so they were singing along with it and then they just got really excited to hear the next one. It's weird... you really can't teach this stuff online. Only doing it live and experimenting gives you a true feel.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    Ya it was kind of sloppy, but the whole point of it was that it works live because the people I played it for knew the first song so they were singing along with it and then they just got really excited to hear the next one. It's weird... you really can't teach this stuff online. Only doing it live and experimenting gives you a true feel.
    This wasnt so bad dude..i must say it was a nice transition, did you freeze with a delay or froze with the reverb?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    Oh no dude, yours was great! I liked that a lot and I do kinda the same thing with the drama build and echo freeze.

My comment was to the OP. If you know Ableton, build some custom transitions using BPM automation. I've done a few this way.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    did you freeze with a delay or froze with the reverb?
    Freeze with the delay, I'm using this exact mapping on my lpd8, except for the delay I made the tail a little bit longer.

DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

One of my main techniques is to loop a certain 4 beat sequence in bangerang into 2 then 1 then half then 1/4th into 1/8th delay filter into break down or 4 beats before the climax of chris brown song

Loop it to 1/8 - 1/16 immediately after something notable happens in the song and echo/delay it out almost immediately, so the volume fades down and its just echos in the background always dropping volume and bring in something notable of the next track.

Do it live with mix in/out markers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123