Problems with Autogain in Traktor (yes, this again...)
    Tech Mentor

Default Problems with Autogain in Traktor (yes, this again...)

Hi all, having a few issues with autogain in Traktor; namely, getting it to save and apply the settings that I make, rather than its own rubbish.

Firstly, I understand the new separation between gain and auto-gain etc. but the problem Im having is getting Traktor to load up a track with the auto-gain that I set.

It appears that firstly I need to "unlock" a track to set the autogain, and to get the knob to appear (not greyed out) I need to select the "set auto-gain when loading" option in the settings. Although I did discover that even with the knob greyed out, adjustment still works via MIDI command.

Anyway, I'll set the autogain on a track, lock it, then try and load it up again. If I've got "set auto-gain when loading" selected, Traktor will load up the track but will set its own autogain. If I disable that setting, it loads the track up with no auto-gain at all.

Any ideas?
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

New separation between gain and auto gain? Do explgain?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    New separation between gain and auto gain? Do explgain?
    The blue knob/orange knob thing they bought out in 2.6

Tech Guru

What happens if you modify the orange gain for a track, then enable the Analysis Lock?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    What happens if you modify the orange gain for a track, then enable the Analysis Lock?
    Same thing - like I said, I'll adjust the gain, lock it, then reload...unless...I've just thought of something...
    If I click the padlock button on the "advanced" screen (where you adjust the beatgrid), maybe that isn't the same as using analysis lock from the browser menu? Even though the padlock appears both times...? I'll try it.

Tech Guru

Yeah, looks like a bug to me. Since enabling the lock stops you from changing the gain it should stop Traktor from setting it too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Ok, well what I said didn't work, but I have gotten it to work one way, and that was by going into the edit menu, manually changing the autogain field, clicking apply, then locking it. Which, obviously, defeats the whole point of having the autogain knob.