BCR2000 & Traktor SCRATCH PRO problem with mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ja, het is mij!

Will check in one minute.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It's even easier, I just use the 'analog fader/knob' setting.

Traktor will follow the encoder, where it is. (Even though initially it may look something different, twist it a little and presto.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Wizard

I'm also having difficulties with looping.. I've set some buttons for the loop size but when I press it, it doesn't show up on the grid... even when I press on/off.. it works because I can see it changing in the loop bar below the grid; but it doesn't come on the grid except when I click it with my mouse and then I can change the size or switch it on/off with my bcr..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    It's even easier, I just use the 'analog fader/knob' setting.

Traktor will follow the encoder, where it is. (Even though initially it may look something different, twist it a little and presto.
    Well, I use the relative option.. It has the same effect as when you use the analog (analog doesn't work for me, don't ask me why lol) but I always have to put all the parameters to 0 before using it, I find that a little annoying

I also have a rotary set to scrolling my list, but eventually when I hit 127 I can move any further and I have to use my mouse.. 'lil pain in the ass but I can live with it

Thanks for your help, you're great :d

Quote Originally Posted by tical View Post
    I'm also having difficulties with looping.. I've set some buttons for the loop size but when I press it, it doesn't show up on the grid... even when I press on/off.. it works because I can see it changing in the loop bar below the grid; but it doesn't come on the grid except when I click it with my mouse and then I can change the size or switch it on/off with my bcr..
    Strange, that probably has to do with the toggle properties of the BCR together with some settings in Traktor.
    It needs some tweaking, but it's definitely manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by tical View Post
    Well, I use the relative option.. It has the same effect as when you use the analog (analog doesn't work for me, don't ask me why lol) but I always have to put all the parameters to 0 before using it, I find that a little annoying

I also have a rotary set to scrolling my list, but eventually when I hit 127 I can move any further and I have to use my mouse.. 'lil pain in the ass but I can live with it
    Did you use the relative on the BCR, or in Traktor?

Thanks for your help, you're great :d
    Anytime man! Just come to me when you want to ask something about the BCR, I will see if I can help you out or not.

Cheers, and us BCR coltrollerists gotta stay together.

Tech Wizard

I'm gonna try to fix the looping in a minute.. I hope I can fix it on time, have a gig 2night and it's the first with the bcr and with pro!

I use relative in traktor

yeah man, I'm glad you're on this forum lol, don't know what I'd do without your help!

Okee, good luck for tonight for starters.

You know how to set things on the BCR right? Once you've got that nailed, these things won't bother you that much, as they are easily fixed.

Next to Traktor relative values, I use the BCR to map relative values. This way a relative will truly be a relative, and you will not need a mouse or touch pad if you surpass values of 0 or 127.
    (True the LED will still give out 0 - 127, but only -1 or +1 values are sent)

If you're convident enough for the gig tonight, use the BCR, if not, than forget about it.
    Take some more time to tweak it and skip to conventional DJ media this time.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Okee, good luck for tonight for starters.
    Thanks

Next to Traktor relative values, I use the BCR to map relative values. This way a relative will truly be a relative, and you will not need a mouse or touch pad if you surpass values of 0 or 127.
    (True the LED will still give out 0 - 127, but only -1 or +1 values are sent)
    How the hell do you do that?

If you're convident enough for the gig tonight, use the BCR, if not, than forget about it.
    Take some more time to tweak it and skip to conventional DJ media this time.
    I'm gonna take the bcr with me and see if I use it..for effects etc. it will come in handy, the other stuff I still have to master
    Got time enough to experiment 'cuz it's just me and a friend at a b-day bash all night long!

Well, this is done through the Global Edit on your BCR.

1.) Press and hold the "Edit" button on the right side of the BCR.
    2.) Twist or press the knob or button you want to tweak.
    3.) Release the Edit button.
    4.) Use the top row of encoders to tweak what you like.
    (Use the rotary marked "Mode" to switch from absolute to relative mode.)
    5.) Press the "Save", this one is located above the "Edit" on the right.
    6.) Let it the LED on the "Save" button blink once or twice and press the "Save" button again, so it will stop blinking.
    7.) Press the "Exit" button which is located next to the "Edit"button.

But, good luck and most of all enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12