Getting new laptop etc. Couple of Q's for yall... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

i started this semester with a crazy 16" i7 sony vaio with 6 gigs of ram and a huge video card, blu ray etc....

it ran traktor ok, but i noticed right away it didnt run it nearly as smooth as my friends macbook pro.

the huge difference came when i decided to try out serato on it. both ssl and itch.

to try out both, i downloaded them from the serato website, loaded up my music, and headed down to guitar center to really give it a go. this is on the vaio mind you. it ran like complete shit. on a friggin i7 with windows 7.

but again, they plugged it into a 13" macbook pro with half the specs and instantly, serato flew. everything on screen super smooth.

i exchanged the vaio after a week. not to mention the 2 hours of battery life that i7 had wasnt even close to being something id consider to use at a gig.

the macbook pro i exchanged it for had almost 6 hours of battery (the new ones have 10, im serious).

i know pc's are temping cause theyre so cheap but. seriously, as a dj you'll see other dj's running macs and seeing how flawless everything works and youll wish you hadnt bought that pc.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I've got HP laptop with windows 7 (x64) and everything is cool. Except the battery, seriously.. But then again, who uses a battery when gigging

Tech Mentor

lenovo claims to optimize their drivers to keep dpc latency low. so far it works for me. never had an issue using my sl510 with traktor and win7. and the spill resistant keyboard is a nice feature too.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Tech Wizard

Since i bough Traktor i have been using Win7 32 bit i have had no issues it's pretty stable.

There you go.....a Mac.

I got one ...by CHANCE.....and was totalled.

Just got a new one.

Do it bro.....its not as daunting as you may think.

The OS....to me....is smaller than Windows....so you can;t really get lost.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Go with Windows 7. I just went back to PC after being fully invested in Mac for 5 years. Never been happier. It's slick, elegant, powerful, and yet efficient.

I would agree to double check your hardware for x64 compatibility, but that shouldn't be a problem. I say forget mac and their overpriced, high maintenance stuff. In the end, it's just a computer, and if it get's the job done well and costs you half the price, seems kinda obvious.

BTW I got a BEAST of a laptop for a fraction of what I would have paid for in a Mac (which isn't even available by Mac yet...drrrrrr)

Tech Mentor

I have to agree with the votes for a Mac, my pc laptop isnt too shabby (4gb RAM, 2.5ghz) but I get latency and its starting to feel flimsy, Ive only had it for 20 months. Get a Mac even a normal macbook will be fine, seriously get a mac.

ps. get a mac

Nah dude, get a Chevy... Ford sux...

Oh wait, wrong thread.... or is it?

:P
    Music is what feelings sound like.

why is it as soon as someone hints at buying a windows based product (laptop or even a phone) the mac boys have to jump in with 'get a mac! you should buy a mac!'

the question was is there any issues running Tpro with Win7? Not I'm buying a new laptop pitch me into buying something.

FFS

j/k

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast