Denon DNS1200

Thread: Denon DNS1200

Default Denon DNS1200

Anyone got them?

I got a pair today (very cheap btw) and what I wanna know is can you use then in midi mode and normal mode together?

I'm thinking of upgrading to Traktor Scratch but I want to use the other controls in midi mode - is this possible?

So - decks running timecode cd's using pitch, start, stop, but the loop, search etc. functions in midi mode.

I know I can use one or the other but can I mix the output modes together?
    SC | MC

I had a pair, and you can't mix MIDI controls with the normal functions... its one or the other.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post

decks running timecode cd's

I know I can use one or the other but can I mix the output modes together?

Why run the DN-S1200 with timecode CDs when they have a built in soundcard?
    Just plug the 2 USB cables from each CDJ into the laptop, select 'PC' mode and use Traktor Pro. You don't need TSP for the CDJs. They are also Traktor Certified so the mapping has been done for you... Piece of cake

Quote Originally Posted by WooDz View Post
    Why run the DN-S1200 with timecode CDs when they have a built in soundcard?
    Just plug the 2 USB cables from each CDJ into the laptop, select 'PC' mode and use Traktor Pro. You don't need TSP for the CDJs. They are also Traktor Certified so the mapping has been done for you... Piece of cake
    My mixer is Traktor Scratch certified and I use the soundcard in that.
    I'm just using the decks as midi controllers atm and it works great but I was thinking of getting Scratch, just wondered if you could use the midi controls as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    I had a pair, and you can't mix MIDI controls with the normal functions... its one or the other.
    Damn shame
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

If you use a USB hub you should be able to out the 3 midi controllers together.
    however you could have MIDI channel conflicts so some re-mapping maybe required.
    You could use the mixer in external mode? and use the FX assignment mapped with the 1200s. However plain and simple the Decks on the DN-S1200 are not good enough to scratch/Juggle with. You can do the odd baby scratch and spinbacks and that's you're lot.