recording dj sets with traktor... please help!
    Tech Wizard

Default recording dj sets with traktor... please help!

hey guys.. so i'm pretty new to this.. my basic goal is to be able to mix together an hour long set of songs that i want to dj.. i know how to record live actions in traktor, but i was wondering if there is a way that I can go back and "edit" out different things in my set, since often times i have to go back and retry certain effects or loop timings before i have the version that i want.. do i need a program like REASON or pro tools to do something like this? or is there some kind of editor in traktor that will allow me to accomplish this?

i basically would like to piece together the set on a timeline as you would imagine in music production software.. please help!

current setup:

MF Pro BeatMasher
    Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2
    Korg padKONTROL
    hp laptop
    purchased copy of traktor 2 pro

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    A lot of people use Audacity, its free.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    A lot of people use Audacity, its free.
    i've actually used audacity before for other things, so i'm familiar with it.. so basically i would record a mix with traktor, or several "choppy" mixes, and then chop them up and piece them back together with audacity the way that i want the mix to sound and ultimately export that as 1 single song?

Quote Originally Posted by lip5016 View Post
    i've actually used audacity before for other things, so i'm familiar with it.. so basically i would record a mix with traktor, or several "choppy" mixes, and then chop them up and piece them back together with audacity the way that i want the mix to sound and ultimately export that as 1 single song?
    You got it, or just save yourself a lot of work by getting your transitions and effects and such practiced beforehand, and record the mix in Traktor.

It's kind of good exercise to do the mix from beginning to end with no post-editing.

If you fail, that's OK, do it again!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's no way that I know off to edit things like effects and fader movements in Traktor if that's what you want to do.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Native Mix Recorder. Traktor 3.4 .... *sigh*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "