Changing the BPM of a song
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing the BPM of a song

I have some great song that have bpm like 127.58, 126.77 and so. Since I don't have much of exp in beatmatching, I find it quite annoying mixing those on cdj's.
    Is there a way to stretch the song or something like that to get rounded numbers bpm? like changing 127.58 to 128?

Use your ear and when it's beatmatched it's beatmatched. Who gives a shit about the exact BPM of a song. 'Those CDJ's' are actually really simple to use. Search the forums and it will give you answers.

I know how to beatmach, but it takes me a bit more time to beatmatch those songs, just thought that I can make it easier a bit.

The BPM of any track in particular is irrelevant when you consider that you've got to match the BPM of the previous track. So unless you warp all of your songs to the same BPM, forget about it.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by steffanko View Post
    I know how to beatmach, but it takes me a bit more time to beatmatch those songs, just thought that I can make it easier a bit.
    That doesn't really make sense mate. If you know how to beat match, the exact BPM doesn't make a difference as long as it's comparable to that of the other song. Even if the BPM display on the CDJ is correct and you use that, it'll still display 128 everywhere from 127.5 up to 128.5.

You could warp your tracks in ableton to 128 but I cannot see a single reason why you would want to.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I was a bit snappy on that last post but in more seriousness i agree with what FEP has to say (quoted below).

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    That doesn't really make sense mate. If you know how to beat match, the exact BPM doesn't make a difference as long as it's comparable to that of the other song. Even if the BPM display on the CDJ is correct and you use that, it'll still display 128 everywhere from 127.5 up to 128.5.

You could warp your tracks in ableton to 128 but I cannot see a single reason why you would want to.

Tech Mentor

If you really want to do it (again can't really see why as your just making more work for your self), you could load the tracks into ableton or some other daw and stretch the audio to the desired tempo.

But to be honest if you had those two tracks playing with the tempo faders both set to zero, there still going to stay relatively in phase with each other for a couple of bars, for longer transitions you'd be needing to nudge the jogs and sort out the faders but its no big deal.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Tech Wizard

ya coz its not like the 0.7% = exactly 1 bpm anyway, its always gonna be up to ur ears. Unless ur whole set is 128 haha
    - Focusrite Saffire Pro24 - Novation Remote 25sl mk2 -
    - Korg MS-10 - Korg KAOSS Pad KP3 - Vestax VCI-300 -
    - Alesis m1active mk2 - Shure SRH-750-DJ - Akai LPD8 -

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    ...Unless ur whole set is 128 haha
    That not that hard to do with a good long set of certain House tracks.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Quote Originally Posted by steffanko View Post
    Is there a way to stretch the song or something like that to get rounded numbers bpm? like changing 127.58 to 128?
    Sure - adjust the pitch fader of the CDJ while the song is playing until you get to the rounded number. Obviously you'll have to train your ears to recognize whole number BPMs by sound first....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast