A major bug in Traktor - What is your workaround?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default A major bug in Traktor - What is your workaround?

Hi, I'm new to DJTT Forum, so I'm not sure if 'General Discussion' is right board to start this Thread.
    (If it is not, please let me know.)

I have been using Traktor for about 3 or 4 years and I really like strong midi mapping capability of it as many of you here do.

However, this one bug really frustrates me out and I cannot use its FX at all.

But I see so many of DJs are still using its FX so well.
    How do you avoid this problem?

I have received reply from NI for my bug report, they said this bug indeed exist and they are working for it but yet to find solution.

Any comments are welcomed. Thank you!

I use effects but I never noticed that. I usually change the effects before I assign a track to the effects bank.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EOS View Post

Hi, I'm new to DJTT Forum, so I'm not sure if 'General Discussion' is right board to start this Thread.
    (If it is not, please let me know.)

I have been using Traktor for about 3 or 4 years and I really like strong midi mapping capability of it as many of you here do.

However, this one bug really frustrates me out and I cannot use its FX at all.

But I see so many of DJs are still using its FX so well.
    How do you avoid this problem?

I have received reply from NI for my bug report, they said this bug indeed exist and they are working for it but yet to find solution.

Any comments are welcomed. Thank you!
    I wouldnt call this a bug. You are literally pulling one FX unit out of a live signal path, and putting in another one. How do you think Traktor should behave?

Traktor has 4 FX units, each of them can have 3 individual FX. This gives you more than enough separate FX to be able to do transitions smoothly without having to change FX on a live channel.

I have exactly the same and it has been the case for years, it's one of the most irritating things for me. I can live with all the rest (still being frustrated by bugs or things that weren't corrected properly or the lack of follow-up), but that issue with fx has an live impact.
    I tend to stay clear of changing an activated fx to another activated one on the spot to limit the issue.
    If I have to change an fx I do it in rhythm so the small drop out is limited, less felt.

However even putting aside the idea of changing fx on a track on the spot. It happens everytime on specific fx, either when the fx itself is changed or when the unit is activated for a deck. For example the reverb t3 always has that impact, there's a small drop out or "pop".
    It's fucking annoying as hell.

and to answer the question:
    "But I see so many of DJs are still using its FX so well.
    How do you avoid this problem?"
    It seems not everybody has it. Don't ask me why, it may come form the hardware or electrical connections issues, I just don't know. I stopped sending a ticket about that years ago when the only answer I got was we're not able to reproduce the issue....
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

To work around you could map the FX On and FX Unit On to the same button.

Imagine that. A mapping issue being solved by Stewe...

I did not see that coming...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    I use effects but I never noticed that. I usually change the effects before I assign a track to the effects bank.
    Yes, the best way I could find is the way you do. Choose FX and assign in to the deck before bringing in the track to the master output. However, if I forget to do, I just give up using FX to the channel Thanks anyway

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EOS View Post
    Yes, the best way I could find is the way you do. Choose FX and assign in to the deck before bringing in the track to the master output. However, if I forget to do, I just give up using FX to the channel Thanks anyway
    Are you using a controller? With direct controller control this just isnt an issue because you can simultaneously turn on an effect and raise the dry/wet to eliminate pops.

to be honest I use two FX, one delay and one reverb and I literally never have this problem. But I do often build up fx using the dry/wet even if very quickly.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    I have exactly the same and it has been the case for years, it's one of the most irritating things for me. I can live with all the rest (still being frustrated by bugs or things that weren't corrected properly or the lack of follow-up), but that issue with fx has an live impact.
    I tend to stay clear of changing an activated fx to another activated one on the spot to limit the issue.
    If I have to change an fx I do it in rhythm so the small drop out is limited, less felt.

However even putting aside the idea of changing fx on a track on the spot. It happens everytime on specific fx, either when the fx itself is changed or when the unit is activated for a deck. For example the reverb t3 always has that impact, there's a small drop out or "pop".
    It's fucking annoying as hell.

and to answer the question:
    "But I see so many of DJs are still using its FX so well.
    How do you avoid this problem?"
    It seems not everybody has it. Don't ask me why, it may come form the hardware or electrical connections issues, I just don't know. I stopped sending a ticket about that years ago when the only answer I got was we're not able to reproduce the issue....
    Yeah, it is very irritating for me as well As you mentioned the real problem is dropout or pop coming out when activated for a deck (or, assigned for a deck). It makes really no sense that the signal is interrupted just by assigning the FX to the deck when FX is actually turned off.

And the fact that you've got reply for NI that they couldn't reproduce the issue makes me 'wow', because this bug is so easy to reproduce. (In my field, a software bug called to be 'hard to reproduce' usually takes at least 1 week to be reproduced) Anyway, let's hope NI could find the solution. Thank you for your comments

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Are you using a controller? With direct controller control this just isnt an issue because you can simultaneously turn on an effect and raise the dry/wet to eliminate pops.

to be honest I use two FX, one delay and one reverb and I literally never have this problem. But I do often build up fx using the dry/wet even if very quickly.
    Thank you for your comments ImNoDJ, I've written a reply for your first comment, but it is not displayed yet (maybe because I clicked Post before answering the question to prevent a bot or something from writing the reply)

First of all, whether is problem occurs or not highly depends on what FX you are using. Delay and Reverb are ones that do not cause this problem. On the other hand, Filter & Filter 92 are very likely to make this problem.

Go back to the first question, Yes, I'm using iPad Lemur (with template that I make) to control. Of course I have done my mapping as you tell. The problem arises when I give a very small amount of filter. If I just give a large amount of FX the noise may not be recognized, but usually we don't do so. Imagine as you touch your filter knob and the sound drops out. It is so easy to be recognized.

Originally, i was planning to create XY pad to control FX in Traktor, but I just gave up it because the first subtle movement in the XY pad created the noise for whatever FX chain that has a filter inside (or internally)
    Last edited by EOS; 07-10-2017 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Forget to mention about the first comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast