What are the best non-DJing headphones you've ever owned?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are the best non-DJing headphones you've ever owned?

Just bought a pair of Sony MDR-EX700's yesterday and they are absolutely AMAZING in-ear headphones!

I'd highly recommend them to anyone. Super comfy, awesome response and clarity across all frequencies and even has loudness and clarity at low volumes.

Though, if you do get some, buy from somewhere legit! I got mine from official Sony shop and haggled the price down a bit. Looked online and there are tons of copies out there, so beware.

They are by far and away the best I've ever had though!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Got the same BF - had to ask a mate to buy them from the Sony store in NY -they are unavailable in South Africa. They are mind-blowing, and breathe new life into my iPod (try them on the 'Acoustic' or 'Electronic' settings on your iPod EQ). I use them as my non-DJ IEM's and Bose QC15's as over-ears.
    (tma-1's for DJing). I have DJd with the Sony's, but found the asymmetrical cords annoying. I often wonder why IEM's are not used more often for DJing -not enough?
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

akg k 701 the best hifi headphones i've ever used. but they'll never leave my home.

http://de.akg.com/akg-produkte-detail-de/k-701.html

i got a pair of aiaiai tracks with mic for the road, i love them!
    they are perfect for traveling, you can hear cars and stuff through the music, so you wont leave the real world and be overrun because you did not hear the horn

http://www.aiaiai.dk/catalog/categor...s-w-mic/id/85/
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

koss porta pro.

they got a long life garantee, i basically get a new pair every year. i'll never leave my home without them
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    they got a long life garantee, i basically get a new pair every year.
    one year is not a long life for quality headphones....
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    one year is not a long life for quality headphones....
    that's right, but i'm a heavy user. i literally wear them everyday.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Do the AKG 240 MkI count as non DJ headphones? If yes then those, if no, then my apple earbuds, as those were the only ones I had besides my Denon..

+1 on porta pros. SOLID + cheap. I didn't know they had a lifetime guarantee though

Maybe my Sennheiser HP 280s. They're pretty phenomenal, I just wish they were a bit more comfy.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

So far Ultrasone Pro 900s (which honestly are still somewhat DJ-friendly but a bit too big for my liking on that front) are my favorite headphones that I've ever owned (not the "best" analytically out of everything I've owned, but the best sound signature for my tastes)...

but I'm thinking about picking up the LCD-2 which will likely claim that top spot.

Last edited by DigitalDevil; 05-20-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast