Carl Cox Interview - On Digital Djing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carl is such a legend and always a big inspiration to me. cheers for the link man.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Ya, I been a long time Fan of Carl... Actually I got to speak with him briefly while I was shooting some pictures of his show at Cielo NY( there actually on his website now). I saw that he had the NI Maschine in his setup and so I had to ask him how he liked it and what he used it for. His response was" I love it man I just about use it for everything." I was like everything? HE was like yah It great I love it man. Anyway I had to let him get back to rocking his set but I have to say though he was a very cool genuine cat that still loves what he does to this day. Crap I mean he has been in the game for about 30 years!
    Last edited by DOWN|3E4T; 12-13-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Cox is agreat guy, and I am proud to call him a friend. Just found ou he used a track of mine on his Global Underground CD disc one track#8. He's been using Traktor for quite some time now. I tour with him regularly. He just started using the machine this summer. I know he is reallydiggin using controlerism. I was showin him my setup last march when we were on tour in Mexico and he was still on control vds with a faderfox. It's great to see him adapt to all the new technologies as he was really a pioneer of th3 decks in edm. Good shit and he is one of the most down to earth guys in this business and I have gotten to witness it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Cox is agreat guy, and I am proud to call him a friend. Just found ou he used a track of mine on his Global Underground CD disc one track#8. He's been using Traktor for quite some time now. I tour with him regularly. He just started using the machine this summer. I know he is reallydiggin using controlerism. I was showin him my setup last march when we were on tour in Mexico and he was still on control vds with a faderfox. It's great to see him adapt to all the new technologies as he was really a pioneer of th3 decks in edm. Good shit and he is one of the most down to earth guys in this business and I have gotten to witness it first hand.
    Very cool Lance. Yah, I had seen before in my lurking that Carl had endorsed your music and your sound. That quite the compliment I must say. I don't recall seeing the faderfox in his setup, so I maybe he has taken to Maschine as a controller bit more whole-heartedly and probably more so since the 1.1 update. It is truly great to see one of the greats take on the evolution of technology with open arms. It speaks volumes about their character in my book. Carl has always been open about it too. I think think his ability to adapt to change and advancement of technology and the sound of music has enabled him to stay so long in the game. I just had a thought imagine Carl another 30 years in the biz. That would be just crazy and awesome if that were possible.

Here is one shot I took that night of Carl appearance at Cielo.

That is a great photo, Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by DOWN|3E4T View Post
    I don't recall seeing the faderfox in his setup, so I maybe he has taken to Maschine as a controller bit more whole-heartedly and probably more so since the 1.1 update.
    Yeah he did remove the FaderFox from his setup. As soon as he went to using the Machine he removed the FaderFox... The FaderFox was just used for Effects and track Selection when he was using the timecode CDs. Once he moved to straight controllerism he moved to the Machine.

I know there is a video out from like last March of Coxy endorsing Traktor... basically talking about how great it is using it with CDs etc... you can see his old setup in there... his new setup is way cooler as he has really embraced the technology on the next level!
    Last edited by LanceBlaise; 12-13-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Yeah he did remove the FaderFox from his setup. As soon as he went to using the Machine he removed the FaderFox... The FaderFox was just used for Effects and track Selection when he was using the timecode CDs. Once he moved to straight controllerism he moved to the Machine.

I know there is a video out from like last March of Coxy endorsing Traktor... basically talking about how great it is using it with CDs etc... you can see his old setup in there... his new setup is way cooler as he has really embraced the technology on the next level!
    are you talking about his 24/7 DVD? I just might have that DVD. I got him to sing it for me the last time I saw him. I gonna have to sit down and watch it again. I had a party around it had a few friends over to watch it but I quickly found out that I was the true fan because these bunch of A.D.D. driven fools were not paying attention like I was and I had to turn it off (was a bit annoyed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by iamdj707;
    That is a great photo, Thanks for the link.
    Thanks for the picture kudos. Yah I wish I had taken some more pictures that night but I was enjoying the set to much to be in heavy photographer mode . Carls Camp like the pictures enough to post a few on his website so I appreciated that and was honored.

Wow, I'm chuffed, liking the picture, downbeat!, and also the fact that you know Carl Cox personally, Lance!

Have been long time loving him. Especially, his set in the first episode of Sensation, Amsterdam/Amsterdam ArenA in 2000 was one of the more epic DJ sets I've ever witnessed!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Carl Cox has always been one of my favs.

Being a chubby sorta guy myself....he has always made me feel at ease. If he can rock out....so can I.
    (we all have our insecurities )

My mates tease me a bit cuz i sweat buckets when i play....

So I always quote Coxy:

"If i ain't sweating, I ain't working!"
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast