vci 100 getting old!
    Tech Wizard

Default vci 100 getting old!

So I have had my Vci100SE for about 4 years gigging with it at least twice a week and over the last few weeks I have noticed some bits are starting to go a bit wrong.

Has anyone had this problem? hi-eq having to be at 4oclock on the device to be at 12 on traktor? also last night disaster struck, my right hand line fader refused to go to the top on traktor, and then the left fader decided to control the right fader (a wonderful moment trying to drop dramatically into a heavy bassline and suddenly *silence*.) anybody had this problem as well? is it age?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrebel View Post
    is it age?
    not so much as experience
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

sorry, cant help you with your eq problem, but just last week, i had the same EXACT fader problem. wierd too because i've had my vci for near 4 years as well. anyways, i searched and searched but could not find anyone with the same problem. turns out that the physical fader in vci is the culprit, and thats why the other fader controls both volumes in the software. i found this tutorial on the forums...

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4919

luckily it is a very good write up. i ordered the part that was linked, followed the tutorial, and my vci is back to life! dont fret on the soldering, it was the first time i had ever desoldered something, and also the first time i soldered something to a PCB, but after a couple tutorials it was a breeze. it cost me 16 dollars to have the fader shipped (plus i got an extra replacement in case the other one goes) and all of maybe 15 minutes to fix it. the new fader feels AWESOME too, thinkin about changing the other one just for the feel. just another reason i love DJTT. what would have cost probably near 100 dollars and weeks to fix through vestax, took me 10 dollars and 15 min

Tech Wizard

@the shmobletons cheers mate, thought I was going to have to go back to using the dodgy mixer in the club!

Tech Wizard

i basically gave up using the faders on my vci as they have been unpredictable. now i use an external mixer with the controls/effects on the vci.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can also try cleaning the faders.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x