Several Traktor questions (transferring to new Mac/licenses/updates)

Default Several Traktor questions (transferring to new Mac/licenses/updates)

Ok, strap yourselves in folks, I’ve got several questions that hopefully someone will be able to help me with.

I’ve been using traktor scratch pro since 2010 and have not updated it since January 2012 because it just works and (touch wood) has never crashed or had a single problem, and I’m using it in clubs 3 nights a week.

I’ve finally bought a new macbook pro, so I want to install traktor scratch pro on there, and transfer my traktor library (tunes/cue points/playlists/layout/etc…)

If I remember, you can install the license on 2 separate computers, but I also had it installed on an old sony vaio laptop that is now dead, so how can I unregister the license that is on that computer, so that it’s free, and able to be installed on my new mac?

I have a time machine backup of my current macbook with all the traktor scratch info on it, but if I use that to transfer everything onto my new mac I believe that traktor thinks you’re trying to use a pirate version as the license is the same as the one on the original mac that has been used for the time machine backup.

Another one (told you this was a lengthy post), what is the last universally recognized 99.9% stable update/version of traktor scratch, as I’ve said I use it 3 nights a week so I need it to be as stable as possible, I’m never one to upgrade to the latest firmware until I know its not gonna fuck up (hence why I’m still on 2012 traktor firmware).

Is there an online guide or ‘how to’ video that can help me with all this?

Apologies for the loooooong post and 3000 questions, but before I embark on this endeavour I want to make sure I’m doing everything right.

Cheers fellas.

Howdy,

This is what NI says about the licenses, "The end user license agreement (EULA) for Native Instruments products allows the simultaneous installation on two computers (three computers for all versions of MASCHINE and KOMPLETE), as long as only one installation is used at any given time.

It is not necessary to "deactivate" an existing installation to activate the product on any further computer, but due to the license agreement it is required to uninstall the product from one of the the previously used computers.

Please note that Native Instruments reserves the right to disable an account or serial number if it has reason to believe that the license agreement is violated."

But with said Sony Vaio computer dead, it's going to be impossible to uninstall it. I think you should be fine, but do bring it up to NI about your situation.

A.

Little update, I managed to resurrect the old Sony vaio and uninstall traktor scratch pro on it, do I now need to de-register it too before I install on my new Mac?

The last thing I want is for traktor to stop working on my current mac because I've ballsed up the service centre for my whole NI account.

Just so long as you uninstall Traktor on the Vaio, you'll be fine.
    A.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Technics SL1200, 1 Technics SL1210, Denon DN-X1700, Traktor Kontrol X1, TSP 2.11.2
    Soundcloud Mixcloud

I've uninstalled all traktor stuff except service centre, but service centre still says 'all products are activated', with no option to unregistered, is that ok yeah?

So now I should be able to install traktor scratch on my new Mac as the 'new' second use of my license?

IMG_4422.jpg

YOu dont need to unregister it from the Vaiao. Just install on your new Macbook as normal.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

OP, you're confusing 'unregister' and 'deactivate.
    There is no option to unregister because 'YOU' can't 'unregister' (it's actually deregister) your software. Only NI support can unregister it. That will remove the serial number from your NI account and you clearly don't want that.

What you should do is 'deactivate' the software in the Overview section in Service Centre.
    If you remove the serial number and activation key in Service Centre you will deactivate Traktor from that machine.

Just install Traktor on your new Mac and get on with it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    OP, you're confusing 'unregister' and 'deactivate.
    There is no option to unregister because 'YOU' can't 'unregister' (it's actually deregister) your software. Only NI support can unregister it. That will remove the serial number from your NI account and you clearly don't want that.

What you should do is 'deactivate' the software in the Overview section in Service Centre.
    If you remove the serial number and activation key in Service Centre you will deactivate Traktor from that machine.

Just install Traktor on your new Mac and get on with it dude.

Thanks for the answers man, I can't 'deactivate' the software on the bail in the overview section because I've now uninstalled it, I presume that does the same job and frees up serial so I can use it on the new Mac, without f*cking up my current mac.

Sorry for all the terrible questions, I just can't afford to do f*ck up my current mac's traktor.

Thanks again 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻