Beatports Sound to Sample?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beatports Sound to Sample?

So asides from spending upwards of 70$ a month on beatport, which for some reason is my most addicting website, do any of you on the DJTT forum purchase from the sounds to sample website?
    The prices seem pretty steep but im assuming you get alot of samples in the packs, so i was wondering if anyone could advise me on if there worth the 25$ + to purchase?
    cheers!

Tech Mentor

Yeah it's a nice site for producers if thats your thing. I enjoy the Detroit Underground samples, most notably the minimal techno pack.

but i mean like can i use these to download for use in traktor?

I guess you could load them into traktor and use them as one shot samples or something. If you knew what key your track was in and grabbed sample loops in a matching note or scale you probably could drop it over a track...probably work best with tech, minimal stuff though. Kind of a cool idea actually but you would really have to know your loops to make it sound half decent

Usually they are banks of wav's or loops with midi

They are really designed for production
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Tech Mentor

Yes you can use them with traktor, but their meant for production. Why not take a stab at making some trax?

then in that case, would you guys know of any good websites to add to traktor sample banks, i really only have the standard ones that came with the download. so are there any good webstores or downloads for traktor?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Towner View Post
    I guess you could load them into traktor and use them as one shot samples or something.
    im actually having trouble uploading

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    then in that case, would you guys know of any good websites to add to traktor sample banks, i really only have the standard ones that came with the download. so are there any good webstores or downloads for traktor?
    That would be Sounds to Sample or Loopmasters. Most of the loop/sample packs are designed for production but can be used in any way you wish. So if you wish to use loops with traktor... download some loops and load them up.

Tech Mentor

I would suggest taking the samples and warping 8 of them into one track with ableton, that way you'll have 8 samples, they'll be in time, and you can throw them in a sample deck and guarantee they'll be in time. There's a write up on this somewhere around here....

Okay,so i think people are missing my question
    im simply inquiring; so the standard samples that come with traktor are the only samples available asides from recording my own or making my own?
    Im just asking if there is any webstore online that sells or provides downloads of different samples that can be used in traktor. like the ones found in the sample decks lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast