Is it time to jump ship?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it time to jump ship?

I’ve been using traktor for many years. I’ve been thinking about getting Serato or rekordbox. What would be the best to get? I use 2 1200’s and a djm900nxs2. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Volumetrix1200 View Post
    I’ve been using traktor for many years. I’ve been thinking about getting Serato or rekordbox. What would be the best to get? I use 2 1200’s and a djm900nxs2. Ty
    Why?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Both Serato and Rekordbox have very similar functionality. The Core Differences:
    Serato has Flip Mode
    Rekordbox DJ has Sampler Sequencer
    RekordBox DJ has more in depth midi mapping

Unless there is a real core reason that you are leaving Traktor, you will not gain anything more by switching to Serato or Rekordbox DVS with your current setup.

The ONLY reason I switched to Rekordbox DVS for a while was due to wanting to keep my library simplified in one piece of software, but it has always left me wanting. Serato has as well. Unless you play on C/XDJ's regularly and cannot afford to buy Rekordbuddy, do not leave Traktor.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Why?
    I still will use it from time to time. There are a few glitches that have been there from the last few update. One being the explorer window keeps collapsing on its own. Just looking to a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Both Serato and Rekordbox have very similar functionality. The Core Differences:
    Serato has Flip Mode
    Rekordbox DJ has Sampler Sequencer
    RekordBox DJ has more in depth midi mapping

Unless there is a real core reason that you are leaving Traktor, you will not gain anything more by switching to Serato or Rekordbox DVS with your current setup.

The ONLY reason I switched to Rekordbox DVS for a while was due to wanting to keep my library simplified in one piece of software, but it has always left me wanting. Serato has as well. Unless you play on C/XDJ's regularly and cannot afford to buy Rekordbuddy, do not leave Traktor.
    Thank you. I guess I will probably buy both just to have. I like playing on Traktor so I won’t stop using it.

Tech Guru

Im planning to jump ship too, after 8 years of using Traktor Scratch Pro...for two reasons. One is they've stopped supporting older hardware rendering my Audio 8 useless as it causes Kernel panics now as it needs a new driver for newer OSX versions and the recent update has rendered my Mackie d4 useless too for DVS...and would like to step away from relying on a laptop.

Planning to buy a pair of C/XDJs soon and going down the Rekordbox with USB route....though the DDJ 1000 is tempting if I thought my mid 2010 MBP would run Rekordbox DJ well...also means I can still just take USB sticks to gigs
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Yes it seems like the software is dying. Way to may glitches. Over the weekend I was playing and about an hour in one of the decks locked up where I couldn’t load any music into it and nothing was playing. It’s very frustrating! The only way to get out of it was to shut Traktor down and open it back up.

Yes it seems like the software is dying. Way to may glitches. Over the weekend I was playing and about an hour in one of the decks locked up where I couldn’t load any music into it and nothing was playing. It’s very frustrating! The only way to get out of it was to shut Traktor down and open it back up.
    What on earth are you doing to the software? I haven't had a single issue for at least five years. I run four decks, Tekken's FX mapping, and Ableton Live.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    What on earth are you doing to the software? I haven't had a single issue for at least five years. I run four decks, Tekken's FX mapping, and Ableton Live.
    Lmao! I’ve been using it since 2010 and some builds are way better than others. I’m currently using the latest release and I would say every single time I pplayed there is some kind of glitch. What I am doing with the software is running it how it’s supposed to be run. There was a build a few years ago that everything worked perfectly. Can’t remember what build it was but ever since then there’s always some kind of glitch. The latest build said that it would fix the collapsing explore but it still does it. There is a lot of problems with Traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Over the weekend I was playing and about an hour in one of the decks locked up where I couldn’t load any music into it and nothing was playing. It’s very frustrating! The only way to get out of it was to shut Traktor down and open it back up.
    Hey, are you talking about latest version of Traktor?
    Also. Do you drag and drop tracks into decks? I had similar issue on my PC which is resolved in latest build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast