TRAKTOR Duplicating Tracks when Moving to a Playlist !?!?!?! Help please.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default TRAKTOR Duplicating Tracks when Moving to a Playlist !?!?!?! Help please.

THE ISSUE:

When I'm in my Track Collection, and I drag and drop a song over to a playlist like "Halloween mix" etc, it decides to duplicate the track in the Track Collection. The Duplicated track get's put into the playlist, so when I delete the duplicate from the Track Collection, it's gone from the playlist.

I can click "append to preparation" and it won't duplicate it, which is great, but when I want a bunch of different playlists for different occasions, this is going to cause a real big problem.

BACKGROUND INFO:

I'm using a Traktor Kontrol S2. I've successfully transfered my humble collection of 600 songs to my Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15'' running on OS X Yosemite (this couldn't be the issue could it?). I've come from a PC laptop. I was using 2.6.8 on PC and I had NO issues with the above. My MacBook has 2.6.8 and had this problem, then decided to upgrade to 2.7 to see if it got rid of the problem, it didn't.

WHAT I'VE DONE:

I've completely deleted Traktor and Re-installed with FRESH settings, and STILL get this problem.
    I've Re-imported the track collection numerous times.
    I've dragged ALL 600 tracks to a playlist and watched Traktor duplicate EVERY-SINGLE-ONE, then continued to SINGLE-HANDEDLY delete every original and keep the duplicate, and then bring them ALL back to a new playlist, and watch Traktor do the SAME thing and just duplicate everything.

--------------------

I'm seriously at a loss here, I don't know what happened. It just won't move tracks over to playlists without duplicating. I've talked to Beau-Bryte, I've asked this dude Ryan who's on the live chat of DJTECHTOOLS.. No one can seem to help me. Now I'm resorting to this forum, I really hope someone here can help me. I need to get all my stuff organized before my gigs Thursday and Friday for Halloween.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nightizm; 10-28-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Yosemite is not yet supported by Traktor, and while I can't say that this specific issue is one of the reasons, it probably is, which means that it will almost certainly be fixed fairly soon, but in the meantime, you are using an unsupported configuration, and no one is really going to be able to help you until that is corrected.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Where are you dragging the files into Traktor from?

If you drag a file from a folder outside of the Traktor browser onto a playlist Traktor adds that track to the collection.
    If you then drag the same track from the folder into another playlist it adds the same track to the collection again.
    Traktor doesn't know that it is the same track if it is coming from finder/folder.

You need to navigate to the track within the Traktor browser - that way the track is not added twice as it is just the path that it being copied.

If you want to have the same track in various playlists you need to drag n drop the tracks from the Traktor collection or from another playlist.

The difference is duplicating the actual track (bad) as opposed to duplicating the tracks path (good).

There's your answer

Karlos, dishing out the infos like an absolute BOSS
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Karlos, dishing out the infos like an absolute BOSS
    ...and its nearly 7am and my wife has just got up for work and given me a little telling off. I got in from my gig at 3am and I've been up faffing around on here and NI forums. Can't sleep, may as well be useful.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Where are you dragging the files into Traktor from?

If you drag a file from a folder outside of the Traktor browser onto a playlist Traktor adds that track to the collection.
    If you then drag the same track from the folder into another playlist it adds the same track to the collection again.
    Traktor doesn't know that it is the same track if it is coming from finder/folder.

You need to navigate to the track within the Traktor browser - that way the track is not added twice as it is just the path that it being copied.

If you want to have the same track in various playlists you need to drag n drop the tracks from the Traktor collection or from another playlist.
    Seriously... I tried to make it painfully obvious in the first post that that's EXACTLY what I was doing. Not to be rude but that's incredibly obvious. I guess you guys get a lot of stupid questions here daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightizm View Post
    THE ISSUE:

When I'm in my >>>Track Collection<<<, and >>>I drag and drop a song over to a playlist<<< like "Halloween mix" etc, it decides to duplicate the track in the Track Collection. The Duplicated track get's put into the playlist, so when I delete the duplicate from the Track Collection, it's gone from the playlist.

I can click "append to preparation" and it won't duplicate it, which is great, but when I want a bunch of different playlists for different occasions, this is going to cause a real big problem.

Thanks.
    So basically, I can drag and drop from the Track Collection, and throw it in ANY playlist, including the "preparation" playlist, and it WILL duplicate the track again in the Track Collection. But when I right click tracks and click "append to preparation" there's no problem what-so-ever. There's something wrong with my drag-n-drop feature. Never had this problem before. It's also worth noting that, when Traktor decides to duplicate the track, it DOES keep all the tag info. Like star rating, key, and cue points. It doesn't just re-analyze everything. If only I could right click and send tracks to specific playlist folders besides the preparation folder...

If anyone is running OS X YOSEMITE can you please confirm with me that this might be the issue!? Or if anyone is brave enough try it out for themselves? I just got my MacBook so I figured I'd update immediately. Never got a chance to see if that problem would be a part of Mavericks.

Would really appreciate a fix on this. If it IS Yosemite, how would I go about reporting the bug to NI so it can get fixed?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nightizm; 10-29-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Tech Wizard

delete

Quote Originally Posted by Nightizm
    Seriously... I tried to make it painfully obvious in the first post that that's EXACTLY what I was doing. Not to be rude but that's incredibly obvious. I guess you guys get a lot of stupid questions here daily.
    You've got a funny way of saying thank you.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

If it was 'that' obvious I would have picked up on it.
    Editing your post today to make it look more 'obvious' ain't gonna wash.

If anyone is running OS X YOSEMITE can you please confirm with me that this might be the issue!? Or if anyone is brave enough try it out for themselves? I just got my MacBook so I figured I'd update immediately. Never got a chance to see if that problem would be a part of Mavericks.
    Well considering that NI have warned against installing Yosemite and, I have also been yacking about it on here it might be considered a foolish thing to have done.

how would I go about reporting the bug to NI so it can get fixed?
    Well, being as I am both a Native Instruments Traktor Moderator and Traktor software tester I could talk to a senior support agent or a developer and ask them if they have seen this issue but instead I think I'll drink this nice cup of tea I have here

Thanks.
    Have a nice day.

...actually I'm not that petty and I do know what the problem could be. Your collection.nml might be corrupt.

Move the collection.nml file to your desktop. Re-open Traktor and Let Traktor
    rebuild a new collection (it will do this automatically).

Right Click on Track collection, choose 'Import another Collection' - navigate to the backup folder:
    Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor 2.X.X/Backup/Collection
    Choose the latest one you know that worked.

When asked choose 'collection tags when prompted which ones to import'.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos
    I could talk to a senior support agent or a developer and ask them if they have seen this issue but instead I think I'll drink this nice cup of tea I have here
    Victory is yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos
    ...actually I'm not that petty and I do know what the problem could be. Your collection.nml might be corrupt.

Move the collection.nml file to your desktop. Re-open Traktor and Let Traktor
    rebuild a new collection (it will do this automatically).

Right Click on Track collection, choose 'Import another Collection' - navigate to the backup folder:
    Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor 2.X.X/Backup/Collection
    Choose the latest one you know that worked.

When asked choose 'collection tags when prompted which ones to import'.
    You're too damn nice, man.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast