Syncing your showlights to your music? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

who sync's their lights???? That is not being a real DJ. Your only a real DJ if you trigger your lights manually.

sync those lights man! dont let anyone tell you otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    who sync's their lights???? That is not being a real DJ. Your only a real DJ if you trigger your lights manually.
    then you're a "real" LJ in my opinion.

i want to trigger them manually anyways but not all the time and i want the light-fx run in sync to the beat. i got to dj too you know.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

still looking for a solution here. isn't ableton able to send DMX signals? i own max for live if that is needed,
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

You could just actually get a DMX program... problem solved, and it'll give you more options than you're going to get with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    You could just actually get a DMX program... problem solved, and it'll give you more options than you're going to get with anything else.
    i feel like thats the second best option. first it'll take alot of cpu power running another complex program in the background (and i like to keep CPU for tons of FX+recording) and i dont think that i can really realize programming a lightshow for each track. i'd love to program the lights to fit the track exactly and then to repeat that show everytime i drop it. i cannot do this with traktor so ableton is gonna be my weapon of choice in the long run. dmax + a dmx usb box should do the trick. see this:

Why Control Lighting from Ableton?

If you’re a musician using Live then you can program in your light show in the same environment that you’re programming your music in. And because you can do it as you’re composing, the lighting can be an integral part of the music rather than something tacked on afterwards. When you're performing live, why rely on someone else to interpret your music into lighting events? Simply add DMaX devices to your set and program some modulation data alongside your clips. The effect of perfectly synchronised sound and light is very effective, and your lighting will always stay in sync because it's running from the same system as your music. You can also time events to certain MIDI or audio triggers, for example, by making a strobe flash on every bass drum hit. Outside of direct musical performance, one of my main uses has been to control lighting for dance performances. By importing the performers' backing track, and warping it in slave mode, you can see where the beats are and automate your lighting parameters alongside for beat-synced effects. These are just a few things you could do, the possibilities opened up by this integration are endless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12