Where do I find tutorials on mapping with MF3D & Traktor????
    Tech Convert

Default Where do I find tutorials on mapping with MF3D & Traktor????

I've gone through several posts, you tube videos, blogs, etc, and I still can't find a really good, basic how to instruction on mapping the MF3D with Traktor 2.6. I have used some other people's maps and they're cool and al, but I really want to be able to fully customize my own FXs.

I currently have Numark 4Trak, F1, MF3D, on a Mac Book Pro.

Everything is where I want it except the MF3D. I did the color scheme to what I want, but trying to grasp how to set up the values are starting to frustrate me. For instance, I push "Learn" on one of the buttons, and it recognizes it. However, I don't know where to go from there. Let's say I want Bank 1 top left button to trigger Polar Wind FX on Focused deck. I have NO clue how to set that up. I see the potential and flexibility as I scroll through the options, but it's a clusterF to me.

Can anyone direct me to a solid beginners course (video or post) that will tell me what the codes mean, how to turn things on and off, etc?

Thank you all

If you aren't very familiar with mapping, it's like learning a new language... Unfortunately, it's not going to be a quick fix. You aren't going to find a step-by-step, "how to map xxx controller". There's no Midi mapping Rosetta Stone.

My advice- start by scouring the mapping forum, read the DJTT blog posts and dig in.
    I'm sure you've seen it, but this thread is a good place to start: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=23910
    Once you start getting a grasp of things, this thread is a good place to get some FX ideas: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63445

Investing in the "Traktor Bible" would be a good idea too.

Once things start making a little sense, come back and start asking specific questions and you're likely to get some assistance.
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook