Ears ringing for almost 24 hours...
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Ears ringing for almost 24 hours...

Random thought but i'm bugging out...
    Went to see David Guetta stand on a stage and act like he was djing while clearly not and the sound system was extremely loud. Way louder than any other event i've ever been to.
    my ears have been ringing since i walked out at 3am. it's not 5 pm the next day and my ears been ringing since. i'm freaking out.
    Should i be?

Tech Convert

Default Re: Ears ringing for almost 24 hours...

It will go away, being in that loud of an environmemt for a long time your ears adjust and think that the huge system is "normal". Your ears will readjust

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    Went to see David Guetta
    There's you problem.

Seriously though, I've had that before, start worrying if its the same tomorrow.
    And to be fair Guetta puts on a good show if you can be open minded about the whole affair.

Always make sure to keep your ears safe!!!!!!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

If it persists go and see a doctor.

In the mean time, stay away from any loud, persistent noises.

I've got Tinitus and wish I knew way back when what I know now.

I'm 50 and will have to live with a constant high pitch tone in my ears for the rest of my life.

On the whole it's manageable, but there are times when it comes to the fore and is downright annoying.

Such times are bed time, when it is really quiet, and when I talk about it such as now!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    There's you problem.

Seriously though, I've had that before, start worrying if its the same tomorrow.
    And to be fair Guetta puts on a good show if you can be open minded about the whole affair.
    Fully aware of what i was walking into. Took my girlfriend if that even justifies it.
    Sad thing is he used to actually dj and be pretty good.
    his set up was.
    3 CDJ's and a mixer plus some other stuff i couldn't see.
    2 of the cdj's did nothing when he touched them. he'd act like he was cueing up the next track while that next track was already coming in.
    He then would fiddle with the mixer and nothing changed in the sound at all.
    BUT then he goes over to his right and theres a box deeper in the booth that you couldn't see. When he touched that, twice the entire night, he adjusted the music. It was really frustrating to see him just straight fake it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post

In the mean time, stay away from any loud, persistent noises.

I've got Tinitus and wish I knew way back when what I know now.

I'm 50 and will have to live with a constant high pitch tone in my ears for the rest of my life.

On the whole it's manageable, but there are times when it comes to the fore and is downright annoying.

Such times are bed time, when it is really quiet, and when I talk about it such as now!
    Oh man I feel for you, is this from DJing or just going to see DJs?
    I would have thought you're only as risk if you're at it nearly every night (like a professional DJ) but then I don't really know. Not sure if all the big time pros even protect their ears?

It'll be too late then.

Now is the time to start wearing ear plugs at gigs/clubs. I wish I'd done it.

Tinnitus is fucking horrible.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Oh man I feel for you, is this from DJing or just going to see DJs?
    I would have thought you're only as risk if you're at it nearly every night (like a professional DJ) but then I don't really know. Not sure if all the big time pros even protect their ears?
    I started Dj'ing back in 1977 when things like protecting your hearing weren't thought about.

Over a period of 27 years, mostly 5 nights per week, my ears were obviously subjected to high levels of noise both from the P.A.system and my headphones.

Nowadays I think all the pros use custom ear protectors.

If you're not using them, you should.

You can't put a price on your hearing and you cannot cure or treat Tinnitus in any way.

Once you have it, you have it for life.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast