I Got Drop Outs All Nite! WHy?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default I Got Drop Outs All Nite! WHy?

I was performing last nie and my music kept dropping out kind of a little skip. Is it the omni controller, the seagate hard drive or what. SOMEBODY HELP!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

we can't help you with so little info mate

Tech Guru

More info needed. It is probably your numark omni control.

Do you normally get drop outs at home?

If you are in a differnt enviroment it could be there is loss of signal or interferance between the laptop and the controllers soundcard.

I would reccomend trying a higher quality usb cable with better shielding. If that does not work it could also be the shielding of the actually controller. You could wrap it in tin fiol. Or make a case for it that is shielded might look better lol.

If it has drop outs at home could be your software. try reinstalling traktor. Also a good idea to look at the workload ur laptop is under. Are you using windows?

Tech Convert

Yes im using windiws. at home I dont get drop outs. I also ran mixmiester through he controller and was doing the same thing, bu i dosen happen at home. Im going to try a better cable. What kind of controllers do you use tom?

Tech Convert

Work load? ou mean the cpu usage on trakor cause I have nothing else running.

Tech Guru

Oh I use an audio 8 sound card have a variety of controllers. Its the sound card that matters with this.

Yea it sounds like its the shielding of ur cable or controller. Cable is easiest to sort out. With the controller ur best bet is to get a case an coat it with tin fiol or a shielding material

the only other option is its the heat of ur laptop. Can some times be an issue in super hot clubs

Tech Mentor

Give this a whirl .. optimize-your-windows-7-pc-for-djing-music-production. If that does not help you, install Leopard

There is two parts to the walk through.. follow them both.

I found the best advise in them was turning of your wireless , it makes sense because windows always likes to look for new signals.

Is your wireless on?

Let us know how you make out.

Wait, are you even running Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by dj koolaid View Post
    I was performing last nie and my music kept dropping out kind of a little skip. Is it the omni controller, the seagate hard drive or what. SOMEBODY HELP!
    I hope you're not playing musically directly off of an external hard drive? I think that would could be an issue.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I hope you're not playing musically directly off of an external hard drive? I think that would could be an issue.
    tracks get loaded into the ram once you load it to a deck. reading might cause it to skip (unless it's powered)

Yeah i would lose the external man.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast