For all of us with the VCI vs Traktor S4 problems.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default For all of us with the VCI vs Traktor S4 problems.

What are you're thoughts on this, pros and cons?

I really need help on this since I am getting on of these controllers, or am I better of saving up for technics / pioneer gear?
    My issue is this, I recently sold all my DJ gear since I will be moving around a lot these next couple of years, moving to Paris and then San Francisco and so on, I want something portable, but also something that club owners and that wont just reject if I tell them what kind of DJ gear I am using. How do you guys reason in this matter, will you stay with your VCI's go for the new controller or just use the club gear, and use your midi controllers for mix taping and such at home?

I mean Ean use this gear but of course he can do that since he is already established and has come a long way in dj:ing, and producing.
    But what about the rest of us, are we "allowed" to use these kind of controllers at the clubs?

I really can't decide wether to get the new Traktor S4 controller or Eans VCI Arcade Edition, leaning towards the arcade, mostly due to all the tech support from DJTT, i f I get any of them.

Very greatful for any kind of response,

Best regards

Rob

if you moving around alot i would not go for s4 as its gonna cost you loads flying with it due to weight.

can you use turntables?

if so then just get a couple of timecode and like a audio 8 sound card so you can roll up to the club with just them and your laptop and your set
    and of course pick up a vci to practice/play etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CassoIVchoon View Post
    if you moving around alot i would not go for s4 as its gonna cost you loads flying with it due to weight.

can you use turntables?

if so then just get a couple of timecode and like a audio 8 sound card so you can roll up to the club with just them and your laptop and your set
    and of course pick up a vci to practice/play etc...

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
    The only gear I am used to but have sold is the numark omni control usb turntable, and I have gotten as good as you can get on that kinda dj controller, now want something with more and easier functions while applying effects and better jog wheels.
    I want to be able to beat juggle, mix tapes/ remixes and so on.
    So just get the arcade edition then?
    What kind of DJ gear are usually the clubs own gear?
    And are they as you say easy to use only using my laptop with the proper timecodes and soundcard?

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Rob

if you want something portable i would go for say like a vci+the traktor control x1
    then if u go to a club with your laptop u can just take your soundcard.x1,laptop
    and can set up in like 5 mins. you dont really need the arcade edtion as the x1 would work for beat juggleing or you could get a midi fighter for that

nearly call clubs have there own mixers and cdjs or tts (or both)
    its a case of just calling them up and asking what you need to bring
    but as i say if u learn to beatmatch on tts or cdjs or even your vci with out sync then you will be set.

setting up timecode is easy enough in a club its a case of just pluging the sound card in to the mixer and getting your wax on the decks.

but as i say vci 100+x1 would be good as its probs one of the lightest set ups and u can just chuck it in a backpack,and you get your jogs and your hot cues and learn to beat match. so u can beat juggle till you put clowns out of a job.

Thanks man, really appreciate all your quick replies. So just to clarify you mean this? http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=h...DWN5aQ4gb06fB4

yeah thats the one really good solid controller,comes pre mapped for traktor just plug and play and its all set up.

Quote Originally Posted by CassoIVchoon View Post
    if you want something portable i would go for say like a vci+the traktor control x1
    then if u go to a club with your laptop u can just take your soundcard.x1,laptop
    and can set up in like 5 mins. you dont really need the arcade edtion as the x1 would work for beat juggleing or you could get a midi fighter for that

nearly call clubs have there own mixers and cdjs or tts (or both)
    its a case of just calling them up and asking what you need to bring
    but as i say if u learn to beatmatch on tts or cdjs or even your vci with out sync then you will be set.

setting up timecode is easy enough in a club its a case of just pluging the sound card in to the mixer and getting your wax on the decks.

but as i say vci 100+x1 would be good as its probs one of the lightest set ups and u can just chuck it in a backpack,and you get your jogs and your hot cues and learn to beat match. so u can beat juggle till you put clowns out of a job.
    Thanks man, really appreciate all your quick replies. So just to clarify you mean this? http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=h...DWN5aQ4gb06fB4

The VCI 100SE and my macbook? and just use that with whatever gear they are using, or set my VCI up?

I'm trying to learn without syncing, and it's quite alright for me though.

Thanks

If you really want aportable setup i would go with a vci 100 se or arcade, so u don't need to get the kontrol1 because the se gives u full controll over t pro. My 2 cents.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Usually the gear here is djm 600/800 + 2x Technics and/or 2x CDJ 1000 if we're talking clubs, not just bars where it's more likely to be a rackmount cd player of sorts.
    Timecoders seem to be well accepted and it's not uncommon to see a controller or two, however these are usualy Live users (although I've seen a guy rocking a VCI 300 once).
    Shouldn't be a problem to find a spare channel to plug your audio interface into and rock the VCI.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    If you really want aportable setup i would go with a vci 100 se or arcade, so u don't need to get the kontrol1 because the se gives u full controll over t pro. My 2 cents.
    Thanks, great to get another point of view, as well. If I get the VCI I will definitely get it from DJTT, but don't know if it's the optimal thing for me yet.

Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast