Type of Dj? - Page 3

View Poll Results: What type of DJ are you?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bedroom

14 40.00%
  • Mobile(Party DJ)

9 25.71%
  • Club

6 17.14%
  • Mobile and Club

6 17.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Type of Dj?

Well let me say, I'm so glad that no one has invited assholes to the parties I DJed. I have had some amusingly awkward people at parties. People that have listen to metal their entire life. Or kids that have never been comfortable with themselves to dance. Lots of floor staring. SO, I like to get plastered by the end of the night and bother the hell out of them when I have a long 9min track playing. fun

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

@Foreverhex...

wow... do you DJ goth parties? That sounds just like some of the goth clubs I've spun at. Half the crowd never felt comfortable enough to dance, the other half starts hitting people once they get the chance
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I have been to goth clubs. Actually the one in my city just moved but they aren't open yet. So yeah, the goth scene kids come to some of my parties and I DJ some of their parties. For the most part the women love to dance, real happy with me. The men are just awkward. Some of them do get trashed and dance... but not all.

I and a few other DJ in my city are unofficially black listed from DJing Outland (the goth club). The sad part is... we mix, not hit play. And we don't like the fact that you playlist (which I rarely make) have to be pre-approved. Whole lot of shit tards run and go there. I will do it eventually, I just need all the pretty girls to talk me up. lol

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You need to pre-approve your set lists? Holy shit! That's fucking absurd.

The nice thing about NYC, where I spin at least, the crowd's tastes move toward harder noise/ebm/hardstyle stuff, so the guys and chicks dance hard. The uber goff clubs, though, well, they are slightly more frustrating in their styles. I'm friends with a lot of those guys, but whenever I ask for "something harder" they play Combichrist. And a little bit of me dies inside.

Where are you at?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I must admit I like some combichrist song... But only when that duffus doens't mumble in the mic. I live in Columbus Ohio, the scene is crawling to extinction here. The way the goths like it here is slow 105bmp max and lots of singing in the songs. I got into dance music via D&B and Hard-House-Trance-Industrial (not a mix but individually). So what I like to do is take some Assemblage 23 and speed that shit up.

You should PM some hard ebm and industrial groups, I don't know where to start looking.

Man I got my first house party by just asking a friend i kinda new. and It was game over eversince.

My greatest house party I dj'd was at my boys house. 3 acers of land, a 2 story house, 2 kegs and me all night. I started dj at 10 there were like maybed 15 people there just playing beer pong. Then all of a sudden around 1 in the morning 80 people showed up just when I switched to techno. Had the whole house just jumping. I did not stop playing music until around 4 or 5 in the morning.

Yea and I mainly play hip hop.

Do we have anyother hip hop dj's here I hope I am not the only one.
    That was the first time I was ever really tired after a set lol.

The only thing I hate about house parties is assholes and the occasional dj that shows up and thinks he is better than you.

@djxsquizet

That story is why house parties can be awesome. When everyone is just having a blast.

Thats why I am so excited to head back to school again...before I left I did like 4 partys and made a pretty good name for myself. Now everyone knows me this semester so I will be getting alot of calls for house parties.

God I love college lol.

NO joke, im totally planning to do that in college. making a big statement that "im a dj!" my freshmen year.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Do it man go to freevista.com and get you some cards made for free just pay shipping. Make a good mix cd and pass em out around campus thats what I did. Also get cool with somebody that has a house and throws a ton of parties in the area of your college.

I did that and I am the only person who dj's there partys. Nobody else. Some dj asked if he could do one of there partys and they said no dj xsquizet is the house dj. I was like damn owned lol.

I am thinking about moving towards clubs so I can get paid a little ya know cause at house parties i do it for fun and the free beer lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast