Recording sets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording sets

Tech Mentor

Default Recording sets

So my question is that if i have my cdj800s and my mixer can i record my set straight into traktor/ableton with an audio 2? I dont want to use timecode just record straight in to the software

Well, think about it logically: does the Audio2 have inputs? No. How then should the sound enter the computer?

(You could use the internal card of your computer though, if it has a line-level input)
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

I don't think you could record into Traktor, Unless you where using it.

You would have to capture the sound through the line in using audacity.

Quote Originally Posted by xian View Post
    I don't think you could record into Traktor, Unless you where using it.

+1

You can't use Traktor's internal recorder if you're using an external mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by xian View Post
    I've had some very bad experiences with audacity (instable, buggy...) so that I would rather recommend Ableton or another DAW (e.g. Presonus Studio One Free) to record your set.

Tech Mentor

Okay thanks for the info. What would be the best way that i could record my sets into the computer with a soundcard? Would an SL Box allow me to do so?

Tech Mentor

you just need an audio interface with USB and RCA line in and software to record.

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    +1

You can't use Traktor's internal recorder if you're using an external mixer.
    You absolutely CAN record in Traktor while mixing externally, you just need stereo inputs. I do it all the time.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You absolutely CAN record in Traktor while mixing externally, you just need stereo inputs. I do it all the time.
    Stereo input feeding a piece of third party software? That's not recording in Traktor, that's recording into third party software like the aforementioned "Audacity" getting the signal from your microphone input.

SirReal is right, no problem to use Traktor itself to record while mixing externally. Just not with an Audio2.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast