ICON iDJ First Impressions - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Tech Convert

@ Zestoi: regarding the rubber feet being the problem: you would think I would've noticed, but I am not a very technical guy ;-)
    So there is still a chance they are to blame. When I stick a CD under the upper right foot the controller is stable.
    So that makes it a difference of 1 - 1,5 mm (around 0,5 inches).

How did you pull the feet out of the sockets in the body? Without breaking them preferably ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    it's a whole lot better with replacement knobs. i got some that were slightly rubbery and taller - makes a big diff. can be tricky finding ones that fit well tho.... and u wont want to wiggle them too much to force new ones on else they go loose (like most other controllers that doesn't have pots that are screwed down properly)

re: the nocturn i suspect synthet1c uses it with other controllers not by itself. i've thought a few times about getting one. my money's on a A&H K2 tho when i have the spare cash for one.
    That A&H has a lot of controllers for such a small package. Would be a nice addition.

Any tips on replacement knobs that fit the iDJ?
    Last edited by jipsa78; 07-01-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: To make clear to whom I was replying.

Quote Originally Posted by jipsa78 View Post
    How did you pull the feet out of the sockets in the body? Without breaking them preferably ;-)
    mine were just glued on and pulled off quite easily

Any tips on replacement knobs that fit the iDJ?
    i think these were what i bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-12mm-Bl...-/130491509477

the inside needed scouring out a bit tho to make them wider - else u could push them on but the inside is so rubbery that they wouldn't stay on.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

if your using ableton why not just use the beatrepeat and a synth for real white noise instead of iceverb... you could also get Native Instruments Guitar Rig which has "Traktors 12" which has both the iceverb and beatmasher.

Did you keep the istage or give it to your bro? Mine has an issue with lighting extra pads when sending midi in traktor mode, would be great to know if that happens to yours. >>this is my thread about the problem<<
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    if your using ableton why not just use the beatrepeat and a synth for real white noise instead of iceverb... you could also get Native Instruments Guitar Rig which has "Traktors 12" which has both the iceverb and beatmasher.
    i've thought about buying traktor's 12. just seems a waste when i've already paid for traktor and i'm not actually using it at all now. i've just been playing with routing audio to/from traktor live input decks and it does work ok, but a bit messy. a vst would be nicer. if they ever have a sale on traktor's 12 i would probably pick it up. i should try and see if i can do all i need within ableton first tho - i probably can i guess.

Did you keep the istage or give it to your bro? Mine has an issue with lighting extra pads when sending midi in traktor mode, would be great to know if that happens to yours. >>this is my thread about the problem<<
    i gave it to my bro, who also has one of my launchpads, but i have too many controllers atm anyway i think i have an addiction he just wanted something with velocity sensitive pads to trigger samples. i'll have to try and get him to test out the midi more on it somehow. i'll convert your devices def from that thread into a midimasher devices file and have him try it out. i guess he only really needs that "drummer" mode where leds light automatically. u switch it to a "traktor" mode via the icon editor or something and then in theory u have control over led feedback? i do remember seeing a youtube video where someone set it up for ableton and it all seemed like led feedback worked as expected...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

mine were just glued on and pulled off quite easily
    Sounds like you have a slightly different version.
    I have now definitely ruled out the rubber feet as cause of the wobbling though.
    I took a set of dice, which where all the same size. Placed them onder the controller in different combinations to rule out any slight variations in size. In all instances the only dice actually touching the device where the top left and lower right ones. On the lower left corner and upper right corner there was always room to wobble.

I have contacted my supplier to see about an exchange.

i think these were what i bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-12mm-Bl...-/130491509477

the inside needed scouring out a bit tho to make them wider - else u could push them on but the inside is so rubbery that they wouldn't stay on.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jipsa78 View Post
    Sounds like you have a slightly different version.
    could be the case. i bought mine as soon as they were available and when i took mine apart for photos in this thread i'd say that the insides looked quite "beta" quality... as tho they hadn't quite finalised the main casing or something. i know they've also now changed the jog tops to black from the silver that mine has. reminds me that maybe i should replace the slider for the right hand pitch fader - as that was crappy when it arrived, so i just removed it. didn't bother me too much as it still seemed like a whole lot of functionality for not so much a big price.

Just found this pic on the interwebs looking for a pic of the iDJ... its an "iDJX" I can't access the icon-global website to get more info as it's blocked by google...

http://www.midifan.com/modulenews-detailview-10716.htm
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

i noticed that controller the other month - interesting with the touchpads but i bet still has the same lack of midi feedback issues and stuff as others. some web page mentioned it being an ideal add on to the idj or something - but has most of the same controls. i also think it takes the "toylike" look of the idj even one stage further having said that i wouldn't mind playing with one

maybe it actually does have midi feedback? looking at some of the extra leds under the surface here?

IMG_2348_2_1333114895_thumb.jpg

Tech Convert

could be the case. i bought mine as soon as they were available and when i took mine apart for photos in this thread i'd say that the insides looked quite "beta" quality... as tho they hadn't quite finalised the main casing or something. i know they've also now changed the jog tops to black from the silver that mine has. reminds me that maybe i should replace the slider for the right hand pitch fader - as that was crappy when it arrived, so i just removed it. didn't bother me too much as it still seemed like a whole lot of functionality for not so much a big price.
    It's definitely a good deal with everything you get for the price.
    I guess they don't spend much on quality control though.
    I'm having my unit replaced. New one is coming on Friday.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Just found this pic on the interwebs looking for a pic of the iDJ... its an "iDJX" I can't access the icon-global website to get more info as it's blocked by google...

http://www.midifan.com/modulenews-detailview-10716.htm
    Yeah, they're coming out with a whole range of controllers.

iCreative

iStage

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast