Best second-hand mixer for around £50?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best second-hand mixer for around £50?

So I am getting into DJing and am trying to learn to beat-match. I’ve just got all of my equipment but the main issue I am having is with my mixer, a Gemini PS-676 Pro-2; when I am using the cross-fader and the slider is completely to one side, sometimes the other channel leaks through. I can fix this by slamming it to each side but, after a quick google, I discovered a lot of other people with this mixer with the same issue saying that it keeps coming back, even after replacing the slider. I actually got the mixer for free from a family friend so I am thinking of possibly buying a better one. At the moment it doesn’t matter too much as I am just practising in my bedroom but in the future I don’t want this happening at events. I’ve got a couple of options (some suggested from the forum I was looking on) but I don’t really want to spend much more than £50:

- Numark 3002 - The alternative for the Gemini suggested on the forum.

- Citronic MSX-1 - A mixer I tried out at a party - it seemed quite good at the time but then I’m not a professional and wouldn’t really know.

- Behringer NOX101 - A cheap beginner’s mixer which I found when searching the web.

- Or just stick with the Gemini until I’ve learnt the basics.

The turntables I am using are Stanton Str8-100s if that is any help. Thanks in advance.

Leon

You’re not gonna get much for £50 mate.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You’re not gonna get much for £50 mate.
    Fair enough.
    Are you saying I should just stick with the Gemini then?

Problem is the mixers you mentioned are pretty bad build quality wise. While brands mentioned are well known, they were never a good choice. Or should I say a pro choice. Often they have added features like a 3rd channel, some FX etc but that turns out more often than not as just another area where a malfunction can happen.

So I think most of us here would recommend rather something basic but from a better brand. Denon X-120 or Pioneer DJM-400. Of course, all of them bought second hand might have issues but generally with better brands is worn out faders (which are expendable) or PSU's.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

^Good advice.

But I really like the look of those NOX mixers. For a beginner, the features vs. price makes 'em a bloody good buy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thanks for the replies - I’ll have a look on eBay and see if I can get either of the mixers you said for a good price on auction.

I have a dj tech dif-1s i'd be willing to part with for the cost of shipping... I purchased while living in the UK but now I'm in the states
    and it's not voltage compatible

Quote Originally Posted by juan2 View Post
    I have a dj tech dif-1s i'd be willing to part with for the cost of shipping... I purchased while living in the UK but now I'm in the states
    and it's not voltage compatible
    If they’re still in offer, how much would shipping cost do you know?

Tech Wizard

Behringer VMX100USB 2 Channel DJ Pro Mixer I picked this up for £72 of off amazon I know it not £50 but if you can find another £22 you have got your self a good mixer.

Its has a USB connection so you can record straight on to your computer. It has a output where you can record onto your tape player or CD player, I have had for nearly 4 months now and have not run into any issue with it.

I have had great recording off of it with no hum or feedback from my Stanton's 150's

The BMP meter is useful if you have turntables but can be a bit inaccurate at times. But has help me out on many occasion's.

Best a luck with the beat matching thing I can beat match but I learnt over 26 years ago on Technics.
    Last edited by gregsta; 09-05-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRunningStef View Post
    If they’re still in offer, how much would shipping cost do you know?
    Depends on where it's going...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast