How do I know when I'm ready?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do I know when I'm ready?

To start playing at parties... I'll start off with high school parties and local pubs. I already got my basic mixing in, effects are the one part I have not messed around with alot. I just don't know when I will be ready enough.
    | 2011 Macbook Pro 15" | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro 2 | Pioneer HDJ-1000k |

Tech Mentor

when you feel it? Don't get stressed too much, and make mistakes so people will know you are actually doing something hehe

On December 3rd at 11:49 am you will be ready.

Didn't you just start a thread about a DJ name?

It would leave me to believe that you are just beginning, which is fine. Everybody starts somewhere. I think you need to read a lot more and watch some good beginner Youtube clips.

This forum is extremely helpful, but with any DJ related site, asking for a DJ name, good opening songs, what equipment to buy and a date you will be ready sounds like something that would be asked of a child. (see your name) Read, and then when you are done reading, read some more. Until your eyes hurt.

Everybody's opinion is different. We are an international site afterall. Be what YOU want to be, not what WE suggest you be.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by KidZgOt5waGG View Post
    To start playing at parties... I'll start off with high school parties and local pubs. I already got my basic mixing in, effects are the one part I have not messed around with alot. I just don't know when I will be ready enough.
    high school parties: my friend with an hour of showing what good song selection is could do this with no mixing skills at all and "rock" the crowd...they dont give a shit about your mixing just your song selection

local pubs: when you can mix semi semlessly any top 40 music

Quote Originally Posted by KidZgOt5waGG View Post
    Stay away from effects until you've perfected your timing, phasing, EQing and mixing. DONT try to hide poor mixing ability by reaching for that beatmasher!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

postin in a troll thread

Tech Mentor

If he can't do the basics right i'm sure he'll ruin a track by using the beatmasher! It's so easy to be generic with the effect but SOO difficult to do anything original with it and still make it sound good (my personal opinion anyway).
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

Quote Originally Posted by seitz View Post
    high school parties: my friend with an hour of showing what good song selection is could do this with no mixing skills at all and "rock" the crowd...they dont give a shit about your mixing just your song selection

local pubs: when you can mix semi semlessly any top 40 music
    I don't think he is even old enough to walk into a pub.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Guru

Practice for about 4 years then you might be ready...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    I don't think he is even old enough to walk into a pub.
    I'm 18, legally 21 since I'm emancipated, attending my second year in university, and work, if that doesn't make me old enough I don't what else might, thank you very much.
    | 2011 Macbook Pro 15" | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro 2 | Pioneer HDJ-1000k |

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast