Drum and Bass Train round 2 (or 3 dunno) - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I say we just start it, i think this is enough people. If youd like, i could master the mix after its completed. Ive gotten a bit more experience in that department now. But i think we should all do our best to record our mixes at good sound levels.

Okay, well I guess we should just figure out who is going where, Yoshi wants to go second or third so I guess that's kinda his spot, I'll go first if nobody else wants to, but I'd sure rather not be the guy that goes first...
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Default Part 1?

I ended up running a little long, and I switched to some more liquidy sounds for the last 10 minutes or so of the mix, I think that Yoshi plays more liquid stuff... lemme know if this will work for everyone...

Tracklist -

Loxy & Mortem - Epilogue - Absys Records
    Razorpoint - Elevated - Absys Records
    Naibu - Back Engineering - Avalanche Recordings
    Radicall - Lunar Sea - Absys Records
    Little Jinder - Without You (Seba Remix) - Trouble and Bass
    Velocity - Shadow Roll - Human Elements
    Majestics Feat. Meta - Traffic - Digital Colours Recordings
    Alexus - My Freedom (Nookie Remix) - Phuzion Digital

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

its 12:30 am, kinda drunk... but lets see what i can do lol...

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    its 12:30 am, kinda drunk... but lets see what i can do lol...
    It's 2:30 am and I'm tipsy, but I play neurofunk, techstep, minimal and such normally so maybe I should wait until Flash has done his part and taken things into darker territory for me.... or I could just go really really dub/reggae and drop a lot of stuff along the lines of the Voodoo label or Morphy, Genotype, Raiden, OrtoKore and such. :eek:

For reference just look up the I Dubbed The Sheriff EP by Morphy, quality chill tunes.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

The structure's looking good so far. Liquid first, neuro & tech later, the way it should be. @Mike, that mix so far is looking spot on, the little jinder seba remix is a fucking hot track! Wicked TL.

The last dnb train got a bit messy to be fair, although it was a shame tekki never bothered to finish it.

Im easy where I go in the train, but I'd like to smash out some heavier, darker beats on a 3 deck mix. If you guys dont mind, I'm before citizen, after Yoshi.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Question Another Idea?

So I took a few minutes (and still went 1 minute more than I should have ) too long on the last try, decided to somewhat change the style of the mix and go in a deeper liquid style building in energy.... anyway whatever Yoshi feels like going off is fine with me

Tracklist

Twisted Facts - Crystalline - Soul Deep
    MSDOS - Debacle - Liquid Drumz
    Naibu - Back Engineering - Avalanche
    Broken Eye - Feeling the Music - Respect
    Sobersoul - Spring Race - Respect
    Sardi - There For You - Liquid Brilliants
    Super Deejay Bobzilla - Heavy Duty Booty (Human Factor Remix) - Mutate Records I picked this up off chance that because the name of the producer and the name of the track were shit hot the tune must be good, turns out it was
    Makoto & Greg Packer - Found Your Love - Human Elements
    Foxrox - Can't Live Without You - Audio Danger Records Kinda screwed the mix up a bit here, it's what I get for not using sync

Anyway lemme know what you all think if the other one isn't too long (which it shouldn't be, I've got plenty of room on my soundcloud to host it) go ahead with the other one, if time is a premium I'd say use this one

Alright, I did my part and uploading to Soundcloud now for whoever is next to download. I went ahead and used your first mix Bigheadmike, kinda fit the style i was going to mix much better.

I did notice the volume levels were a bit low, so i just mixed at those levels as well and everyone else should just follow, we can fix that up after we have it all complete. try to get it as close as possible that way the mastering at the end isnt such a pain... Im a bit out of it right now so if you catch something i screwed up in or whatever just let me know and ill try and fix it.

3 days and 2 mixes complete, so is duttyelectric going next or is Flash going then Citizen and the Dutty to close the deal out...

Also you know what would be the f'n note?

If we could get this done by the end of next weekend...I think it's a very real possibility (and we could spout off some sort of bs around the forum about how DnB heads are far better )

...but who am I kidding you guys are probably going to take the entire week and get every little tweak of the knobs sorted before you throw it down, which I guess I need to start teaching myself to do...I still just sit down and play some tunes....

But everyone should try to get this whole deal hammered out quick

@Bigheadmike, that'd be awesome. and i do believe we (the dnb heads) are better lol. I remember being a part of a Progressive Trance train a while back and noone seemed to get their shit together so i just quit it... Ive had the best luck here with the dnb guys.

btw, Id really love to get a heavy/dark dnb train going soon too!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast