NI is calling out for Traktor beta testers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default NI is calling out for Traktor beta testers

NI is looking for Traktor beta testers!

Hopefully this will increase the amount of beta testers, so we get more stable and less buggy releases.

https://native-instruments.centercod...CDD2563849D%7D

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

First beta is focused on Windows ... Because they know that they can't fix the issues with Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan, lol.

Maybe they'll let me test with a working Mac OS like Mountain Lion, the one that doesn't have the mega latency bug or the IOAudioStream errors causing dropouts and stutters.

I've signed up all the same, at least I can give my Surface Pro 4 a real test instead of work email, Word and Excel!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    First beta is focused on Windows ... Because they know that they can't fix the issues with Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan, lol.
    There is at least one critical OSX specific issue listed and they now allow you to install it on "Unsupported OS" so that most likely means running the latest builds on 10.6.8 where the installer used to halt before.

Yeah, I've just read the change-log and so might have to give it a go on my trusty 10.8.5 install
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

If they want me to do quality control on their software then they can damn well pay me for my time.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    If they want me to do quality control on their software then they can damn well pay me for my time.
    https://www.native-instruments.com/f.../#post-1480863

Theres probably some people who dont know about your stand against beta testing yet. You should post your fascinating objections to more forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    https://www.native-instruments.com/f.../#post-1480863

Theres probably some people who dont know about your stand against beta testing yet. You should post your fascinating objections to more forums.
    Do you work for NI or even have a point?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I do not mean to come across as insulting but it does not seem you get the idea of beta testing.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I know exactly what beta testing is and disagree with the entire idea of it.

It makes sense to me to have people who use the program the most test it out and get involved in pointing out bugs and issues. Almost every Serato update comes first as a "public beta" which probably uncovers tons of bugs. It's got to be hard for one company to fully test it's software in house, given the myriad options for set ups and use.

It'd be crappy if NI basically pushed the version onto everyone and said "Hey this is the new version. let us know what doesn't work." A software I used to use for a job would always update to the "official version" of an update, and expect us to beta test it AND pay for it. At least NI is offering at as a free trial for those who want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast