Stupid question alert!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stupid question alert!

Hi peeps,

I have come here becuase everyone is very friendly and I'm a relative noob to this game and my mac as a whole, everyone responds very quickly so please bare with me as this may sound lame.

I bought my VCI 100 and got the Traktor pro boxed deal with it when I got it from the buy and sell here back in April having ventured into digital DJing for the 1st time.
    I updated my LE disk and got pro working fine and did a load of downloading of all the updates as far as I could tell but having only just really looked at the "about" on my traktor i have realised that I only have 1.2.2. I went to the service centre as the help topic said and followed the instructions to download the new version but when I have checked it says the latest version has already downloaded.

Therefore I must have got it when I collected the updates before but obviously haven't run the instal properly and it is on my mac somewhere.

Can someone please tell me:

1) What does the file look like/ what is it called for the upgrades?

2) Do you have to, in effect, reinstall traktor with this update file?

I have a MBP 2.26, duel core, 4gb ram, VCI 100, audio 2.

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need morem info.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Should be these bad boys - http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/w...at110845PM.png

1.2.6 is the latest one. Also if you just log in to the NI site it comes up with a list of updates you can download anytime.

The first thing to check is what your Dock icon is pointing to, right click the icon and click on "show in finder". By the sounds of things you have 1.2.2 for the dock icon, but 1.2.6 is somewhere else on you HD.

If that fails, open Service Center, click Overview, then click Show Details beside Traktor. Is the Versions section in red? If so, click the locate box and point Service Center to your version of Traktor then restart SC.

Does this help?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    The first thing to check is what your Dock icon is pointing to, right click the icon and click on "show in finder". By the sounds of things you have 1.2.2 for the dock icon, but 1.2.6 is somewhere else on you HD.

Phil.
    Yeah I remember there's a warning when you install 1.2.6 it installs to an NI folder in apps instead of traktor where your first version should be. If you didn't replace your dock icon as pilmat said it could still be linked to the old version

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If that fails, open Service Center, click Overview, then click Show Details beside Traktor. Is the Versions section in red? If so, click the locate box and point Service Center to your version of Traktor then restart SC.

Does this help?

Phil.
    What he said .
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Should be these bad boys - http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/w...at110845PM.png

1.2.6 is the latest one. Also if you just log in to the NI site it comes up with a list of updates you can download anytime.
    Thanks for the responses guys, everything works fine on my Traktor but having looked at people talking about 1.2.6 I checked and realised I didn't have it.

I definitely haven't got a file on my system called "126 update installer" as per your screen shot, I checked in Finder this morning before coming to work. I will go to the site when I get home and try to get it from there.

@ Phil - can you just explain what the dock icon is? I will check this as well.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

The Dock is what Apple calls the toolbar onscreen that has your programs in it, By default it is on the bottom, but I run mine on the left side. Icons on it are shortcuts and do not always update when you update a program. Often you have to delete it and then put one for the new version in there.

Phil.

The Dock is what Apple calls the toolbar onscreen that has your programs in it, By default it is on the bottom, but I run mine on the left side. Icons on it are shortcuts and do not always update when you update a program. Often you have to delete it and then put one for the new version in there.

Phil.
    Sorry, of course, I'm with you now, haha. I thought you meant in traktor!!

I actually don't have traktor on the dock I have it as a desk top icon, I haven't checked that but I will. When I opened traktor this morning I checked and clicked on the traktor logo on the top left and that's what shows that it's 1.2.2. I will chck what the desk top item lists itself as when I get back.

I did a search in finder for traktor realted files and all i got was 2 files with the box shapes like on the above screen shots but they just said "Traktor mpkg" nothing about "126 update installer"?

Maybe the NI site to download these is the best idea?

Yeah, check your Service Center, as I mentioned before, it might have lost the link to your Traktor location and it will NOT update.

Phil.

Yeah, check your Service Center, as I mentioned before, it might have lost the link to your Traktor location and it will NOT update.

Phil.
    Right having finally been back to my house to check on my Traktor I can see that the icon in the dock states 1.2.2 and when I look at the overview in the service centre when I see "Versions" it says:

NO BINARY FOUND - in red.

When I try to locate it, it says:

THE DIRECTORY YOU HAVE SELECTED DOES NOT CONTAIN THE APPLICATION. THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY PATH HAS BEEN RESET TO ITS PREVIOUS STATE.

Help please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast