Download the Updated VCI-100SE Mapping (3_5_2)

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

7 24.14%
  • Almost Perfect

16 55.17%
  • Needs Some Work

6 20.69%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Download the Updated VCI-100SE Mapping (3_5_2)

Due to popular demand, the DJTechtools VCI-100SE ver. 3_5_1 tsi mapping (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12739) has been updated to a newer version, 3_5_2! This update has fixed most all of the remaining bugs, incorporated some forum user's requests, and has added some new functionality to the mapping as well.

There is also now a lengthy and thorough 9 page TSI Walkthrough document that is included in the attached zip file that explains the basic functionality of the mapping and its features (including some new ones). A huge thanks goes out to pilmat for his huge help with the walkthough!

The following bugs have been fixed since 3_5_1:
    • Outer Jog Wheel now controls Tempo Bend in Fader FX Mode
    • Outer Jog Wheel now controls Tempo Bend while holding SLICE/ECHO buttons
    • When holding SLICE/ECHO, only the jog wheel of the Deck you press the SLICE/ECHO button on will control the SLICE/ECHO parameters.
    • Modifier3 would get stuck if you were holding Shift and one of the Bottom4 buttons and released Shift first.
    • When copying layered decks (A->C or B->D) the volume of the copied deck (C/D) defaults to zero now to avoid the volume jump.
    • In Fader FX mode w/Scratch off the Right deck, spinning the jog wheel quickly would turn on FX2 Effect1 but not release it, now it does.

The following features have been added since 3_5_1:
    • Shift+Filter = Key Control
    • Shift+Slice = Slice Toggled On
    • Shift+Echo = Echo Freeze (aka Echo+Feedback) Toggled On
    • Shift+FX Preset 1 = Cruise Mode
    • Shift+FX Preset 2 = Tree Browser Up
    • Shift+FX Preset 3 = Tree Browser Down
    • SHift+FX Preset 4 = Tree Browser Expand/Collapse

One of the requested features I couldn't implement was offsetting the LEDs of the four bottom buttons (for non-Arcades) in Juggle Mode to differentiate 1-4 & 5-8. I liked the idea but couldn't get it to work for those LEDs for some reason. Sorry, it'll be looked into further in the future.

If anyone finds any bugs or odd functionalities with this updated mapping, please let me know (via this thread)!

Requirements
    You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
    Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.
    If this is your first time loading the TSI file, please load it 2 TIMES for the fx to load properly.
    The 1st and 2nd time you run Traktor after importing this TSI file, the controller may lock up in fader fx mode. Just quit and re-open the program twice and the issue should go away.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
    • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
    • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
    • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

Having Problems with the FX Route Button?

There is a file included (GLITCH FIX) that fixes this problem for windows users that are getting this glitch. The problem relates to Traktor's Midi engine and windows. To solve the problem we disabled the LED functions. You can use the FX route button to route the FX but the LEDs will not display.
    Last edited by flashflooder; 07-15-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Tech Guru

the pitch bend issue (the jmpin thing) wasnt fixed

good job anyways!

-gm
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Great work guys!! All of the new stuff seems to work great, but I've just run through it all once. I still get the pitch issue as well. When it happens it's like the fader thinks it's at 8% when it's really at 0. It's pretty random, but it seems to happen fairly often. I've started writing down what was going on when it happens.

I'll play around with the new features and see if I can find any bugs this week.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Great work guys!! All of the new stuff seems to work great, but I've just run through it all once. I still get the pitch issue as well. When it happens it's like the fader thinks it's at 8% when it's really at 0. It's pretty random, but it seems to happen fairly often. I've started writing down what was going on when it happens.

I'll play around with the new features and see if I can find any bugs this week.
    from what i have experienced with it, its only an initial issue, so before i start i mess with it once, it jumps, then recenter/calibrate it with shift. does not seem to happen until the next time i turn it on

-gm
    DJEditorHugger

thanks guys for the input on the pitch/tempo fader jumping issue. i could never get it to jump when i tried to make it (i've had it happen before when i don't want it to) and the functions in the mapping seem to make sense so i didn't have any ideas on how to fix it except for maybe removing the tempo reset (shift+tempo middle point) and seeing if that would do it. If anyone has any insight on exactly when the tempo fader jumps (or a past tsi version someone uses that doesn't experience this issue), it would be very helpful!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    thanks guys for the input on the pitch/tempo fader jumping issue. i could never get it to jump when i tried to make it (i've had it happen before when i don't want it to) and the functions in the mapping seem to make sense so i didn't have any ideas on how to fix it except for maybe removing the tempo reset (shift+tempo middle point) and seeing if that would do it. If anyone had any insight on exactly when the tempo fader jumps (or a past tsi version someone uses that doesn't experience this issue) would be very helpful!
    ill run some experiment in my secret laboratory tomorrow afternoon, hopefully my pesky sister wont come wreaking it again

-gm
    DJEditorHugger

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's happened to me a couple of times even after I re-calibrate with shift. Before I loaded the new TSI I checked my in/out ports and they were set to all ports. I know they were set to VCI previously though. Wonder if that may have something to do with it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The updated mapping is great, but I've found a couple of new issues that are near showstoppers for me. Holding down a hotcue, pressing either Juggle, and then releasing the hotcue no longer allows the deck to continue playing. There are 2 anomalies... 1) holding hotcue 2 of Deck A and pressing Juggle 1-4 will continue playback. This is the only hotcue that this still works with. 2) holding hotcue 1 and pressing Juggle 5-8 will start playback of Deck B and NOT continue playback of Deck A.

Reverting back to 3.5.1 resolves these issues and retains the expected behavior.

Chris, let me know if you need me to explain this further or send you another video of this behavior.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Having trouble with the zip file!!!

Please supply another dl location please!!!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Tech Guru

same here using safari .. got it to download in opera.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast