S4 - What to carry it in - Page 36
Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

i use the magma studio 25 its perfect and looks cool

Tech Mentor

I pick this bag up yesterday, perfect for my needs and didnt cost an arm or a leg ($65). It's meant for a PA mixer, and has soft padding, but I added more foam to fill the space, so the S4 isnt bouncing around inside. There's just enough room to put the X1 bag on one side and the pouch upfront fits my 13" laptop and cables nicely. A 15" laptop looks like would fit more snuggly.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    i bought the novation and im pretty satisfied with it. does not fit all my stuff, but i got a bigger laptop bag for everything i need.

a friend of mine purchased the magma bag and it fits everything he need (same stuff like me) and even more. but as mentioned twice the price and i dont really like having everthing on my back. s4+cables in the novation bag, macbook, midifighter, more cables und stuff in the shoulder bag..
    For $60 bucks !!!!!! You made a great choice.
    I think the novation is well worth it.
    I hope all these other bag makers learn to stop making $200+ bags w/ wheels

Expensive gear should not be wheeled around... if you hit the streets or dirt roads

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deejaysoul View Post
    I pick this bag up yesterday, perfect for my needs and didnt cost an arm or a leg ($65). It's meant for a PA mixer, and has soft padding, but I added more foam to fill the space, so the S4 isnt bouncing around inside. There's just enough room to put the X1 bag on one side and the pouch upfront fits my 13" laptop and cables nicely. A 15" laptop looks like would fit more snuggly.
    Thats a good deal..The foam is probably good to rest on a 1200 also.

Did you get it at the GC on Atlantic? Also, where did you get the foam? I need a giant sheet for my music area.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deejaysoul View Post
    Where can we get this bag!? Don't suppose you have a link?

$60 is a great deal.
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Tech Mentor

@aviatorman, Yeah the prices I was seeing on bags are crazy. I hunted like a dog and thought outside of the box. I seen the Novation bag, but I didnt like the color

@bigbeatzz I got the bag at Rock & Soul NYC, and the foam I recycled it from when I had my old MacBook serviced and mailed back to me, but Im sure you find foam at GC, but another product I think thats over priced.

@Travis here's the link, http://www.rockandsoul.com/servlet/t...-CFX-16/Detail

Tech Guru

Cool

Cool

the peeps @ Fusion did a Youtube Demo of the Workstation DJ bag. It's nice - 3+ months after the initial inquiry me & chilly had! better late than never

Bottom line, S4 fits fine, and brave or not, there's even room for a maschine inside, alongside the cables, the power bricks the headphones and eventually a spare kit of underwear, socks and a t-shirt (+ few more controllers )

Enjoy!

YouTube - TRAKTOR S4 inside the Fusion Workstation DJ Bag

(just did the post in the NI forum also)

This bag was on my list a while ago. Nice to see that it actually fits. Anyone know if there is a Fusion Bag dealer in Canada or the US?

Mmmm, let's see where we can buy that from.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Mmmm, let's see where we can buy that from.
    In NL this bag is sold by http://www.tools4winds.com/Koffers.html it's not the typical DJ site but if you ask about it I am pretty sure that they can get it to you... if not there is always the option of contacting one of the UK shops: http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/F...ON%2DDJ%2DBAG/
    or
    http://www.rosemorris.com/Fusion-Wor...-SA-01-W-DJ-B/
    or
    http://www.northernmusiconline.co.uk...j_workstation/