Shambhala Music Festival - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

[QUOTE=Kaon;25733]
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post

:eek: you f*cker! id give my firstborn to hang with those chaps
    Ahhh you should hear the whole crew. My little brother actually works with Jeff alot in promotion, dj for him andwhat have you.

Iam sure you can find his RCMB Set with Deebass (globalmastermindz.com) (deebass.com)

You should if you can search out Jeffs GF Breo. She plays wicked electro, and is an amazing vocalist.
    You can hear some of her colaborations with Dope Tito released through beatport.com
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Would be so keen to hit that, maybe we need to plan an expedition midian...
    I think that is indeed in order. Need to start putting a few hundred a month in the bank, rather then blowing it on DJ toys and alcohol/drugs...

yes I agree

I consider myself lucky to be friends and living in the same city as Jeff. He does playsome sick sets. He also hosts a bi-weekly event thats hosts alot of up and comming talent from BC and surrounding areas.

I got to hang out with Him and Bassnectar while they were working on thier sets for thier last show together here in Kelowna. Those two were born to work together for sure.
    I am excited to see any productions they come out with!
    I'm with Kaon on that one. Jealous as fuck. Would slay to smoke a cone with those guys. Legend.

[QUOTE=jasonj;25735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post

Ahhh you should hear the whole crew. My little brother actually works with Jeff alot in promotion, dj for him andwhat have you.

Iam sure you can find his RCMB Set with Deebass (globalmastermindz.com) (deebass.com)

You should if you can search out Jeffs GF Breo. She plays wicked electro, and is an amazing vocalist.
    You can hear some of her colaborations with Dope Tito released through beatport.com
    you should let them know they have somewhere to play if they want to come to new zealand. we'd be stoked
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

I myself have been going since day one. A few yeas I have chose to work with the fire crews.
    Its a great set-up there. Alot of work goes into the show throuought the year.

The shows I loved were Atomic Hooligan on Thursday

Friday Brad from the Moontribe in the Labrynth, Amanda Rude in the Rock Pit
    and Soulfire and Joseph Martin in The Fractal Forest

Saturday Malante in the Forest to Bassnectar in The Living Room

Then Sunday to Excision and Bassnaectar in the Village.

Altough there was so many other great shows there these are the ones that I enjyed the most.

Until next Year!

Nice! yaa Atomic Hooligan was a favourite of mine too, I loved how pimped out the rockpit was last year- i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the intense lighting rig they had in there on thursday, not to mention the improvements to the sound system!

I missed TONS of artists that i was dying to see (it's pretty typical of my shambhala excursions), but my personal favs of what I caught in '08 were;

DJ AYRES+COSMO BAKER (THE RUB) sooooo good, amazing performance
    FIVE ALARM FUNK
    EDIT
    ED RUSH+OPTICAL
    BONOBO
    MAT THE ALIEN
    B.TRAITS
    PSUDAFORM
    SKOOL OF THOUGHT
    ATOMIC HOOLIGAN
    NEIGHBOUR
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-26-2009 at 09:48 PM.

I live about two hours away from the festival. I was surprised when I checked out these forums and saw it mentioned. I guess It's a pretty well known festival.

Tech Guru

^hey misha where ya from? i live in northern b.c., soon to be moving to victoria

i've attended the festival the last three years in a row; 2006,2007,2008...
    out of all the clubs/pubs/bars/concerts/raves etc. i've been to, none of them come close to how epic shambhala is.. it's not just a festival it's a life-changing experience.

everyone should be lucky enough to attend this place atleast once in their lilfetime

Tech Convert

Festival... so its a hippy event?

I just always asume anything with "festival" attached to it is a hippy jam band deal. Not tha I wouldnt want to go- been to a few raggae "festivals" and they are always good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Festival... so its a hippy event?

I just always asume anything with "festival" attached to it is a hippy jam band deal. Not tha I wouldnt want to go- been to a few raggae "festivals" and they are always good fun.
    if its anythin like phat then i'm sure there are hordes of hippies there, cept they differ from the 60s hippies cos theres a whole new array of drugs and electronic music
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    ED RUSH+OPTICAL
    I have been wantint to check out those guys live set- they make some beefy toons.

Duerr, I'm from a small town of about 1000 people called Kaslo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast