OT - Whats peoples thoughts on www.wix.com for building websites

Default OT - Whats peoples thoughts on www.wix.com for building websites

I cant afford to get someone to do a website for me. Do you reckon with a bit of time I could make something half decent on wix, or am I destined to make just a shoddy looking site.

I'm really just looking to make something that will direct people to my facebook, soundcloud mixcloud pages etc.

look for a host that supports wordpress. they have simple blog-style layouts that will give enough information to funnel people either to your facebook, myspace, etc, or be a backbone to receive referrals from the other direction.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Guru

check out squarespace
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    I cant afford to get someone to do a website for me. Do you reckon with a bit of time I could make something half decent on wix, or am I destined to make just a shoddy looking site.

I'm really just looking to make something that will direct people to my facebook, soundcloud mixcloud pages etc.
    Google, homestead. its pretty easy to setup, from scratch. i think its like 4.99 a month. might even be 3.99.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

+1 word press. Buy domain and hosting package through hostgator and they have wp one click install and amazing live chat support
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

word press is win.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

it works pretty good. I've used it before