Can someone with a Macbook & traktor try this for me please (PC too I guess)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Can someone with a Macbook & traktor try this for me please (PC too I guess)

Can someone just try something for me please just so I know Im not going completely insane.

Would somebody be so kind as to map nothing but 4 play/pause buttons, one for each deck in traktor to buttons, Q, U, Z and M on your keyboard. It has to be those buttons.

Once you've done that can you tell me what happens when you push play on all the buttons at the same time. Do they all play together, or do you get another type of behaviour?

Big big thanks!!

why are you going insane? what's happening?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

qquzqmzqmuumuzqmuzqmuzqmuzqmuzqmzqqmuzqzmqqzmmu

rqewqerwqerwrqewrqewrqewrqeweqrwrqewrqewrqewrqeweq rw

Interesting. I'm on PC. I can't be arsed to map the buttons in Traktor, but I've had a little play as above. When using the buttons you've described I can't get them all to consistently trigger together, however with the QWER buttons I can. I think it may be something to do with the way the keyboard chip processes the buttons through the character 'matrix'. If the last sentence sounds like bollox it is because I've no idea what I'm talking about. I'd wager there is no way around it either.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

My problem has been discussed in another thread, but that thread was asking loads of different questions with regard to traktor. This is now focussed on one problem. I can't play 4 decks, or play 4 cue points together when the buttons are mapped far away from each other on the keyboard. It works when they are all next to each other, but not when far away. I dont know if its to do with the particular rows dont communicate well with each other or something. But basically I am experiencing different behaviours with the same functions depending on where they are mapped on the keyboard. Sometimes anything more then 2 buttons dont work, sometimes anything more then 3 buttons dont work.
    Like I said there was a post where a few kind peeps tried to help but we couldnt resolve it.

I have now made a video to show my problem. Sorry about the quality and the sound, it was literally to demonstrate what the problem is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogV11MJzN3I

If anyone can help I'd be forever in your debt. NI are currently trying out my TSI maps and are going to get back to me. But just wanted to see if anyone here has the same issue (not that they have the same setting).

Thanks

Ooh, check out the 4th paragraph here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboar...trol_processor
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    qquzqmzqmuumuzqmuzqmuzqmuzqmuzqmzqqmuzqzmqqzmmu

rqewqerwqerwrqewrqewrqewrqeweqrwrqewrqewrqewrqeweq rw

Interesting. I'm on PC. I can't be arsed to map the buttons in Traktor, but I've had a little play as above. When using the buttons you've described I can't get them all to consistently trigger together, however with the QWER buttons I can. I think it may be something to do with the way the keyboard chip processes the buttons through the character 'matrix'. If the last sentence sounds like bollox it is because I've no idea what I'm talking about. I'd wager there is no way around it either.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's not just me then? If, when you can be arsed, you could try it in traktor I'd be much obliged!

Cheers

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Ooh, check out the 4th paragraph here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboar...trol_processor
    Everything becomes clear!!! Fucker!... I gotta go spend £150 on a launchpad now! Anyone wanna buy an external apple keyboard?
    I better email Frank at Native Instruments who's been helping me and tell him the score.

Cheers

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

FINALLY. Glad you got this sorted.

Props to Lethal for getting down to the root cause of this problem .
    It worked when i did it last week, i was using keys Z S / L .

Bonkers..!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    FINALLY. Glad you got this sorted.

Props to Lethal for getting down to the root cause of this problem .
    It worked when i did it last week, i was using keys Z S / L .

Bonkers..!
    YES!! FINALLY! Yeah defo big props to Lethal. I'm glad you saw this post Karlos cos I know you thought I was doing something wrong. I knew I wasnt THAT stupid, a little stupid but not that stupid.

Peace

edit:

Which will explain why it worked the 1st time - as I had it mapped to QWER.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

To be honest mate (i can be pretty stupid) i though that there must be 'something' wrong somewhere. I didnt think you were being stupid cus you where doing all the right things.

It was just bloody baffling ..!

Can u not use different keys? or are you set on buying a Launch Pad ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast