My Mix Submission For SA's Biggest Radio Show - The 5fm Ulti Mix @ 6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Thanks buudy!

Hows things going with you these days? Been back to Barca yet?
    Good mate, just finishing my university finals then it'll be back off into the real world! Haven't been back yet, fully intend to do so this summer though.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    That's a good approach for playing locally and for achieving short term success.
    And what do you mean by short term success? Don't yout think this approach works when you start to make a name for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Good mate, just finishing my university finals then it'll be back off into the real world! Haven't been back yet, fully intend to do so this summer though.
    Nice bud, yeah I'm on vaca, heading back to the high seas next month. Not going to Barca though. We heading off to the Baltic..
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    And what do you mean by short term success? Don't yout think this approach works when you start to make a name for yourself?
    But what KIND of name are you making for yourself? You're not really carving out a niche following per se, and since you're spending so much time trying to keep up with some many genres you're not going to have time to dig for music and really get into any one "sound" or "scene". You're not really going to be a taste maker, a trend setter, just a follower, not a leader.

Sure, you'll gain some quick, initial success from this, and you might get gigs on a regular basis, but you're not going to "advance" much further than that most likely.

All depends on what your goals are I guess

Great mix. Don't sweat some of it being "commercial". You hit the nail on the head for the purpose of the mix, which was for national radio. If you would have said "This is for a crazy underground rave in the desert.", I might think differently. Keep up the good work.

-Eric

Thanks bro!

+rep
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Bump.

Hey guys just a little update to my mix. Yesterday I received an email telling me that my mix will be played on Saturday on their weekly Saturday dance show. This is a massive achievement for me as my mix will air to almost 40 million people!

It's also surely going to open up more doors, and potential bookings for me. Thanks for all the positive comments on my mix guys.

If you want to tune in to listen you can by going to http://www.5fm.co.za and listening live on Saturday night from 19:00 (GMT+2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12