Cheaper alternative to traktor audio 2?

Default Cheaper alternative to traktor audio 2?

I was having a problem getting my x session pro to work with traktor. I don't know if this is a problem with my external sound card but it wont play the song i want to play through my headphones. It plays both of them through my laptop speakers. Then i went into audio settings and selected my sound card, but now it plays both songs through my headphones. How do i play one song through my laptop speakers and the one i am cue'ing up through my headphones?

I heard this problem will be resolved if i replaced my usb external sound card with a traktor audio 2. Is this true? Are there any cheaper alternatives to the traktor audio 2?

Thanks

Should all be in your routing dude, set your channels properly, it should go

3cue
    4cue
    1master
    2master

If I remember correctly

Sounds like you want to use both soundcards at the same time (External soundcard and built in soundcard (for laptop speakers)). In this case you need to combine the interfaces together using something like ASIO4ALL, select that as your soundcard in your dj software and then assign the correct outs.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Sounds like you want to use both soundcards at the same time (External soundcard and built in soundcard (for laptop speakers)). In this case you need to combine the interfaces together using something like ASIO4ALL, select that as your soundcard in your dj software and then assign the correct outs.
    This right here.

I assumed from the first post that you had a soundcard because your midi controller doesn't.

But after looking at it online you are needing one you have your cues. !

Tech Mentor

What the others said, plus: the audio 2 is probably the soundcard with the best value-for-money on the market. At 79 € it's a very cheap and good interface and probably by far the best you'll find in that price range.

There's also the Audio 2 mk2 out now which workls with iPad and IPhone with Traktor DJ.

Also comes with Traktor Pro 2

Strong

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/N.../AUDIO2DJ-MK2/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Didn't realise they were bringing out an MK2 version of it.... good deal if you were to ever plan on playing solely with an iPad, or with traditional software as well!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    There's also the Audio 2 mk2 out now which workls with iPad and IPhone with Traktor DJ.

The new Audio 2 does not come with Traktor Pro. It comes with a $50/50€ voucher instead.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post

Strong

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/N.../AUDIO2DJ-MK2/

Nice one! I've been waiting for this to come out ever since they started on the whole Traktor DJ thing

Makes for a good spare soundcard for in your bag as well.

I've got an S4 but like a bit of redundancy. Having a spare soundcard means if my controller goes belly up I can always play off my laptop keyboard and through a mixer. If my laptop goes belly up I've got an 8GB thumb drive with a load of tunes on that I can always plug into someone else's (Traktor is becoming fairly ubiquitous these days)

Add that to now being able to hook up my iPad at the after party and I'm well happy! My bank balance won't be though...