What to use an X1 for alongside an S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboibbp View Post
    gonna be starting a youtube channel very soon... traktor bible also helps a million...

check out this video... a member here made it (Not Me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsA...el_video_title
    Same as my link.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Same as my link.
    my bad... didnt even check

Tech Guru

+1 on the decicated fx machine, i have a cheap controller (hercules mp3 e2) with a long cable and can sit infront of the booth and just mash shit up, have cross fader mapped to fx on and level, loop knobs, 8 main fx combo selects so i can just press buttons and have diff combos come up, also hav hot cues and play buttons with a crossfader knob so i can do basic mixing with filters, bass kills, etc... Other then this it was basically going to go to waste so its better, i use this more then my main controller
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

I'm working on making it a sample deck controller and just use s4 for A and B.

I really enjoy 1:1 mappings.

individual slot volumes with modifers to use the encoders as a relative filter control.

I have 1 fx section on th s4 for filters on each deck and the other fx section on the s4 will probably be effects.

Hot cue shift is going to contain some instant effects I think.

I wanted to use the midi fighter but it seems like the X1 has more control availability.

I don't really think midi mappings are concrete and you should come up with a basic concept and then use it and mold it as time progresses.

I'm just trying to figure out what exactly each sample function does.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12