Harlem Shake - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harlem Shake

I remember playing trap 15 years ago when it was just dirty south hip hop :P

Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Who gives a shit about how long we've been listening to/playing trap? If it helps you develop an ear for what works, then...cool, but other than that...nobody here cares.

How do you guys put this track into a set? Just a slam into the intro? I feel like the kids want to hear the whole 15 second buildup and the 15 second bass drop. After that - work in a bit of trap/top40 fusion like some Flosstrodomus or RL Grime...this is our chance to get trap out to the masses! Work this one into your sets, and like a TRAP, have 'em dancing to EDM for the next few tracks.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

TI created trap? HA

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    6 months ago i thought trap was awesome

now its all "trap this" and "Trap that" and "damn son"

is trap the next BRO STEP?
    When wasn't it???

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    TI created trap? HA
    LOL... He rapped about it didn't he???
    "Trap" was, is and will always be more then a genre of music. For further clarification please locate your nearest hood and/or corner hutstla.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    Who gives a shit about how long we've been listening to/playing trap? If it helps you develop an ear for what works, then...cool, but other than that...nobody here cares.

How do you guys put this track into a set? Just a slam into the intro? I feel like the kids want to hear the whole 15 second buildup and the 15 second bass drop. After that - work in a bit of trap/top40 fusion like some Flosstrodomus or RL Grime...this is our chance to get trap out to the masses! Work this one into your sets, and like a TRAP, have 'em dancing to EDM for the next few tracks.
    Trap is already out to the masses. Its blown up huge in the last couple months and now is all the rage. Its all over the place. Even dubstep artists (albeit the kind of mainstream ones) are dropping long trap sets. Seven Lions played more trap than dubstep a couple months ago

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    TI created trap? HA
    He said he created it, but I guess rappers always overstate their achievements he was definitely one of the first guys to make a mainstream/successful trap album in the early 2000s though
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    Trap is already out to the masses. Its blown up huge in the last couple months and now is all the rage. Its all over the place. Even dubstep artists (albeit the kind of mainstream ones) are dropping long trap sets. Seven Lions played more trap than dubstep a couple months ago
    Yeah dude, it's pretty cool to see. The marriage between hip-hop and EDM in a sort of way.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Hey I remember when I was playing Harlem Shake last june!
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast