About to transfer my music to my new MBP

Default About to transfer my music to my new MBP

Been using windows all my life, hate it.

And I'm loving this.

I'm about to move my music over to my Mac, and before on windows I just used iTunes to organize my music.

What is the best way to organize/store it on Mac? I hear there are way better ways than iTunes. and i use Traktor also.

Enlighten me!

I would like to know too as me think iTunes works really well, especially with iTunes Match. And most critique about iTunes tends to be more emotional than logical.

PS: Try to write an organizer that is snappy with 20k+ tracks... My bigger iTunes collection works just fine.

ITunes is still worth it IMO because if you decide to switch between serato and traktor both can read from iTunes library so you don't start from scratch.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

iTunes seems great for organizing no doubt but how do you guys organise your music folders on the HD, or do you? Just dragging songs to itunes?

I´m in a same kinda situation as the op with my new mbp and would like to do things smart from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by 4471 View Post
    iTunes seems great for organizing no doubt but how do you guys organise your music folders on the HD, or do you? Just dragging songs to itunes?

I´m in a same kinda situation as the op with my new mbp and would like to do things smart from the beginning.
    Tick the "keep iTunes Media folder organized" option in in iTunes preferences.

By default, it should organize the tracks in to /Users/[username]/Music/iTunes/Music/[Artist]/[Album]/[Song]

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Tick the "keep iTunes Media folder organized" option in in iTunes preferences.

By default, it should organize the tracks in to /Users/[username]/Music/iTunes/Music/[Artist]/[Album]/[Song]
    Thanks, so no need to organize because iTunes does that by itself. Almost ashamed of that I even asked..

Quote Originally Posted by 4471 View Post
    Thanks, so no need to organize because iTunes does that by itself. Almost ashamed of that I even asked..
    And if you set this later via the iTunes preferences it will re-organize the file structure based on the settings so you don't need to worry about wrong layouts from day one being impossible to fix.

Anyway, Traktor reads the iTunes hierarchy information (folder/albums) so I seldom if ever look inside the iTunes music collection on the hard disk.