2x scs3d & Bomes 1.7 question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 2x scs3d & Bomes 1.7 question

I am using 2 scs3d's with the generic dual template & bomes midi translator 1.7(mac beta),

when using the generic single preset you can select deck or vinyl for a circular platter type of control over 2 decks.

when using 2 units under the generic double preset the deck template is disabled on each one, I want to enable these templates so that I will have 4 circular control areas.

basically I want the 2 of them to each act as if they are using the generic single preset so I can have all 6 template pages on each.

what settings in the preset do I need to change to do this.

I have customized all my outgoing midi messages for Ableton & Deckadance, I am still somewhat new to bomes, how do I stop it from skipping these preset pages so I can use them?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
    when using 2 units under the generic double preset the deck template is disabled on each one, I want to enable these templates so that I will have 4 circular control areas.
    I am not sure what you mean by the "deck template"

Do you mean the deck buttons on the unit are getting disactivated when your using the double scs 3d generic preset with bomes midi translator pro ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by the "deck template"

Do you mean the deck buttons on the unit are getting disactivated when your using the double scs 3d generic preset with bomes midi translator pro ?
    look at this pic,

http://www.stantondj.com/gc/index.html

the 6 buttons in the top center select different pages of midi commands and sensor layouts, generally all 6 are blue with the one thats selected being red, the "FX" template button in the pic.

the Vinyl & Deck preset pages are the ones that act ass turntables so to speak, sending midi designed for circular endless control.

when using 2 scs3 units and the generic preset the options of vinyl, loop, trigger, eq, fx are all available, blue in color-red when pressed-selected, but the Deck template button is red no matter what and cannot be selected.

when you have 1 scs unit you have a circle control under the vinyl button and another under the deck button, for 2 total circular control surfaces.

when using 2 physical units together I expected to have 2 circular controls on each, for 4 total, vinyl & deck on each one.

but the way it is the deck button on each unit is permanently red and that template cannot be used. leaving 2 circular control platters total, the vinyl template on each one.

I want to have all 4 circular platter controls

I hope that made sense?

Tech Guru

I think what he's asking for is a 2 SCS.3d version of the Generic Single SCS.3d (no deck switching) preset.

Mike, have you tried using the 2 SCS.3d Traktor Pro preset as a base instead of the generic? It will give you 2 VINYL pages - one red and one purple - for each SCS.3d.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I think what he's asking for is a 2 SCS.3d version of the Generic Single SCS.3d (no deck switching) preset.

Mike, have you tried using the 2 SCS.3d Traktor Pro preset as a base instead of the generic? It will give you 2 VINYL pages - one red and one purple - for each SCS.3d.
    will def look into that, thank you.

Tech Mentor

the traktor presets seem to be encrypted to only work with darouter and not with bomes, bomes would not even see the file let alone open it.

There isnt an unencrypted translator for Traktor Pro out just yet - its gonna happen, just gotta be patient. Until then your left coding from the generic preset to your liking, or using one of the existing presets.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    There isnt an unencrypted translator for Traktor Pro out just yet - its gonna happen, just gotta be patient. Until then your left coding from the generic preset to your liking, or using one of the existing presets.

I understand that and its cool, but do you know what set of translators need to be changed to accomplish this.

there is an A deck "preset change" translator set, and a B deck "preset change" set, as well as a "global preset change" preset.

I've been messing around with them quite a bit but I have not been able to find the right one/ones to change, and there are some major differences between them in certain areas, both in the global and deck A/B areas for preset change.

Id do it inside the vinyl preset, then if if the vinyl button gets pressed again it closes the vinyl preset and opens up your second new vinyl preset.

Though there are alot of ways to handle this though, just like there are alot of ways to skin a cat. Personally i think this would be the easiest way for you though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast