Stop calling it Deep House
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Stop calling it Deep House

THANK YOU!!! It's NU Disco for crying out loud. Sampled old disco records and added a new bass-guitar to it, its not deep house. These bandwagon sheep need to realise this!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Most people don't understand house music.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Lyrics from Daft Punks new track, "Georgio By Moroder"

"Once you free your mind about a concept of harmony and music being correct, you can do whatever you want."
    The concept of a genre is the most closed minded thing ever created. If dj's can free their mind and just think of music as Music you can literally play whatever you want in a set. Wanna drop Kayne into a dubstep set...go for it! Want to mix some Little River Band into a deep house set...Why not??!!

Genres is the reason why so many tracks and dj sets sound the same, because producers are aiming for the typical sound of that genre, instead of of letting creativity flow, and then seeing what genre their new track falls into....

Quote Originally Posted by 031999
    The concept of a genre is the most closed minded thing ever created. If dj's can free their mind and just think of music as Music you can literally play whatever you want in a set. Wanna drop Kayne into a dubstep set...go for it! Want to mix some Little River Band into a deep house set...Why not??!!

Genres is the reason why so many tracks and dj sets sound the same, because producers are aiming for the typical sound of that genre, instead of of letting creativity flow, and then seeing what genre their new track falls into....
    Nice little post you made there. I agree wholeheartedly.

But DJ Patch only plays Reggae.

But DJ Patch only plays Hip-Hop.

But DJ Patch only plays Ghetto Funk.

But DJ Patch only plays Druma and Bass.

But DJ Patch only plays Dancehall.

But DJ Patch only plays Ska.
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-23-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: merge
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post

It's perfectly ok to mix different genres, that's what most new producers do anyway. However, it's retarded to call that deep house when it barely has anything to do with it. There are tonnes of genres closer to the popular sound right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Padi
    Last edited by padi_04; Today at 02:32 PM. Reason: merge
    Ouch, man!

I was using creative license... What's next? Are you gonna start editing mixes???

(You know I'm joking - 'cos I haven't posted any mixes to edit!)

djeez, what a crybaby. I don't like that kind of narrowminded ideas. Music styles evolve. And that's a good thing.

i can see it now. Since the NU DICSO sound is going around, and Daft Punk did their release,
    all these websites are going to start posting a "WE HAVE A NEW GENRE of songs for download!"
    (beaport, zipdj, etc)
    and the music will be Nu Disco............ is this something new or are they just jumping on a bandwagon of sorts where
    this genre existed for quite a while now, but these websites never pushed it because they were scared it wouldn't "sell"

Oh wait i have an idea, let me put blonde dreds in my hair, and shave one side of it
    then ill call myself Brit-llex and my genre of music is pop-step.

Its a perfect idea i think

this way i get all the Britany spears followers and those who wont let go of Skrillex

lol

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Nice little post you made there. I agree wholeheartedly.

But DJ Patch only plays Reggae.

But DJ Patch only plays Hip-Hop.

But DJ Patch only plays Ghetto Funk.

But DJ Patch only plays Druma and Bass.

But DJ Patch only plays Dancehall.

But DJ Patch only plays Ska.
    Patch only plays weed music

I dont care less about genre's anymore, preview each track on the top 10 progressive charts and its nothing but Pop Music in the style of SHM, nothing progressive about it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast