Ableton Midi Problem :F
    Tech Wizard

Default Ableton Midi Problem :F

Okay so like i totally know how to map midi controls to whatever i need, thats not the problem, the problem is saving midi assignments, every time i close ableton then open it again i have to reassign alllllll my midi all over again. which is really annoying :/

Also its not just for ableton itself, but all the plugins(either abletons or others ) will not save the midi assignments when i save the instrument as a preset or whatever, same with rows of songs or pretty much everything :{

I that just how it is and ill hev to relearn n reassign all my midi everytime or am i totally stoopid n theres a way around this XD

<3,
    Kayla

Ableton should be saving your midi assignements when you save the Ableton file.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lilONE View Post
    Okay so like i totally know how to map midi controls to whatever i need, thats not the problem, the problem is saving midi assignments, every time i close ableton then open it again i have to reassign alllllll my midi all over again. which is really annoying :/

Also its not just for ableton itself, but all the plugins(either abletons or others ) will not save the midi assignments when i save the instrument as a preset or whatever, same with rows of songs or pretty much everything :{

I that just how it is and ill hev to relearn n reassign all my midi everytime or am i totally stoopid n theres a way around this XD

<3,
    Kayla
    yea thats weird like bonto said Ableton should be saving your midi assignements when you save the Ableton file.

the only problem that i have was mapping the EQ on my VCI with ableton the send 3 different data messages name that was a pain in my ass :eek:

Tech Wizard

when you say you are closing Ableton and then re-opening it, do you mean you are re-opening a previously saved .ALS file, or are you opening Live as a new un-edited file?

If you are opening an existing save, then I'm with Bento.

If you are opening Live as a blank new page, then you need to map all your desired midi functions and save it as your default template.

As for keeping maps on VSTs, I believe you can save presets, but I'm not sure if that includes midi maps.

S.

Tech Wizard

oh fosho...damns XP yeah wen i said saving i didnt mean i was saving the live set just the midi assigned VST, but if it ableton doesnt save those then blehk! whtva XP ill live