Advice for beginner - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Alrighty, sounds good!

S4 then the rest of your cash into some headphones and speakers!

Tech Guru

Not only is there a price difference, there is a play difference. Some DJ's deter from using software, some invoke to do so. So find your play style, which is kinda hard not having the gear on hand lol. What do you like to do spin or mix? Both can be done either way but usually one type favors over the other.

I've learned everything I need to know here on DJTT and watched many tutorials on youtube. Find some free time and hit up DJTT youtubes account.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Not only is there a price difference, there is a play difference. Some DJ's deter from using software, some invoke to do so. So find your play style, which is kinda hard not having the gear on hand lol. What do you like to do spin or mix? Both can be done either way but usually one type favors over the other.

I've learned everything I need to know here on DJTT and watched many tutorials on youtube. Find some free time and hit up DJTT youtubes account.

Hi man.

Im more into the mixing end of things, it would be handy getting my hands on some gear to try out but sadly thats not possible!

I'v been watching you tube alot and its helped but theres only so much I can take in without having some form of kit

thanks for your advice though mate

Tech Mentor

I downloaded the traktor pro demo

I'm trying to get the BPMs of all my songs, its just reading as 0.000, help?

load em to a deck or right click and hit async - it analyzes the songs
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

I was trying to get the bpm of all my songs so not just one or two? like what pioneer rekordbox does.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
    so which route would you go down?
    I would look hard at the VCI-100. The S4 is certainly a more modern controller that can directly take advantage of what's in Traktor Pro 2.

However, the VCI-100 is a solid controller...and offers 75-80% of the features of the S4. This is also a controller that you can use for basic beat matching, an then grow into for years to come.

You can get one from ebay for $350-400. Add in the 1.4 firmware ($25), and SE overlay ($30), and you will have a great controller for "half" the S4 price. You might even be able to find an SE model for sale.

Do you have any tips or tricks for a total beginner?
    The video tutorials from Ean (& others) on DJTT are a great place to start. The recent blog post about other video tutorials for Traktor is a great place to start exploring.

Jonathan Ellaskins videos are also great. He covers a wide range of topics, and has an almost infectious energy about DJing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ellaskins

I was trying to get the bpm of all my songs so not just one or two? like what pioneer rekordbox does.
    For some of my tracks the BPM simply shows up as 0.00, regardless of what I do.

For others, I have to import them to the library, load them onto a deck, re-start Traktor and then it shows it on the reading.

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I would look hard at the VCI-100. The S4 is certainly a more modern controller that can directly take advantage of what's in Traktor Pro 2.

However, the VCI-100 is a solid controller...and offers 75-80% of the features of the S4. This is also a controller that you can use for basic beat matching, an then grow into for years to come.

You can get one from ebay for $350-400. Add in the 1.4 firmware ($25), and SE overlay ($30), and you will have a great controller for "half" the S4 price. You might even be able to find an SE model for sale.

The video tutorials from Ean (& others) on DJTT are a great place to start. The recent blog post about other video tutorials for Traktor is a great place to start exploring.

Jonathan Ellaskins videos are also great. He covers a wide range of topics, and has an almost infectious energy about DJing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ellaskins
    that guy is LEGEND... i love his videos.
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast